It's free! Just download and study the sky right away!
It's also free of ads.
Point your iPhone to the sky and watch the fascinating movements of the sun, moon, visible stars, and even planets while you swipe the sky view to change time. Toggle the AR button to enable camera to see the sun, moon, planets through the camera of your phone!
• Predict the positions of the sun and the moon for any time for your position.
• Sunrise, sunset for any given date - just swipe the sky view. Click on date to go back to current time.
• Moonrise, moonset for any given date.
• Today widget for quick view
• By swiping the sky view, you change the time and date and the app shows the position of sun and the moon, moon phase, next new or full moon after the chosen date, and how much the daytime has increased since last solstice (December & June) and since Yesterday.
• Swipe fast (fast forward/rewind in time) by using two or three fingers.
• Tap on the info text to toggle between help text and the calculated data.
• Pinch to zoom
• Tap on the sun or the moon to zoom in and center them on screen.
• A today widget gives fast access to the essential data about sun and moon, including a red arrow pointing in its direction. Excellent when you only need a quick glance at when the sun sets and it gets dark
• Local notifications notify you of sunset, sunrise, new moon, full moon, solstice, equinox (the sun passes equator and day and night have nearly equal length), and these can be turned on or off. Sunset notification can be sent 30 minutes before sunset -- very convenient if you plan on going for a walk to enjoy the sunset.
• Choose in Settings which notifications you would like and which you would like to turn off.
• No unsolicited notifications! Only notifications related to sunsets, solstices, equinox etc.
• Share to friends and involve them in the fascinating world of Sun and Moon watching, in a Text, Mail, or on social network, beautiful graphics of the sun and the moon including its phase information, the rise and set times, for any given date you choose.
• In a globalized world, with friends around on the planet, have fun comparing the different duration of day, sunrise, sunset.
• See the earth from space
The moon phase text field shows the moon's illumination, and if the moon is in the Earth's shadow it changes to Lunar Eclipse (0-100 %), and if the moon covers the sun for your position, the text changes to Solar Eclipse (0-100 %.)
See how sunrise and sunset times differ when you travel during the day.
It will work outside network coverage, and in flight mode, however showing your location as an address requires internet connection. With no internet, it simply shows your coordinates and altitude.
This app utilizes the gps and compass in your phone to calculate the positions of the sun, moon, planets, and stars, so it will not work on a iPod Touch as it does not have a compass.
* Also: Look at my new other app, Sun and Moon Tracker 3D Pro which has more features, can be rotated for greater view, and has planet markers, among other things.
And remember, never look directly at the real sun.
Disclaimer. This app calculates the sun and moon positions very accurately with an error margin of up to only 0.3°, which is good in most cases, however, always refer to table values for most accurate calculations of solar eclipse and the like, since they require more powerful calculations.
• Some localization fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’m so impressed with this app. It gives me everything I need to keep up to date with the times of sunrise and sunset. Wow when you turn it towards NSEW it identifies the nearby stars etc. it couldn’t have been designed better. I love it.
So much Grass
I am really enjoying the app however the huge band of grass across most of the screen makes it difficult for someone with my eyesight to make out all of the Sky elements. There doesn’t seem to be a way to get rid of it nor a way to zoom in to make things larger
It is a very great app because you can see where the planets are without having to use a telescope.😁
Developer Response ,
Hi hannuel, thanks for your review, I think this is a great app as well, and it is fun discovering the planets in the night sky!
- Henning Poulsen
- 52.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Danish, Dutch, Faeroese, French, German, Hindi, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Henning Poulsen
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.