The SurfingLakes app gives you quick access to the most useful NWS and NOAA information to help you forecast waves on all of the Great Lakes.
- Buoy Data including Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Wave Height, Wave Direction, and Dominant Period for American Buoys and Wind Speed, Direction, Wave Height and Period for Canadian Buoys when they are deployed on the lakes
- Nearshore Forecasts from the NWS for the American Side of the Great Lakes, where available
- Animated Wave Forecasts from the NOAA GLCFS for the Great Lakes
- Animated Wind Forecasts from the NOAA GLCFS for the Great Lakes
- Animated Water Temps Forecasts from the NOAA GLCFS for the Great Lakes
- Animated US Weather Map Showing Fronts
All The Great Lakes
- Lake Michigan
- Lake Superior
- Lake Erie
- Lake Huron
- Lake Ontario
- Fixed bug with menu, making it easier to click on menu items.
- Fixed bug with remembering the last lake viewed. Now it returns to the last lake you viewed when you completely close the app and open it again.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Something not right in 2015
This is one of my most used apps but the links on the Lake Erie nearshore forecast don't match the forecast. Have to go through each one to find the relevant one. Most of the south shore seems to be missing. Conneaut to Avon point.
A must for any boater!!
I have been using this app for many years with no issues. Very helpful when planning a day out on Lake Michigan. Gives you bouy data up and down the coast, wind speed, wave height, direction...etc. Now I always check this app before heading out on the water. Instead of “hear say” from other boaters or actually driving on land to look at the waves myself. This app gives me a peace of mind. No boater wants to be caught in bad weather/waves.
Was awesome until it just stopped one day
Was awesome until it just stopped one day. Tapped on app support and went to a dead link:/. Guess it’s done.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.