With SWAM v3.5 Sound engine and Experience improvements. It's only the beginning, join Audio Modeling Family and start making music in a new different, exciting way!
SWAM Solo Strings has arrived on iOS! The incredibly powerful Physical Modeling technology is now MOBILE. Extreme Expressivity and Realism delivered in a package of only 46 MB
These instruments are NOT sample libraries. Unlike sampling, which uses recordings to replicate the sound of an instrument, physical modeling doesn’t generate a sound as such but creates the conditions for the system to create it according to an external input (like someone playing on a keyboard).
With our SWAM Violin for iPad, you now have the unique ability to express yourself with all the emotions and subtleties of a natural string instrument sound as played by a real player, in any style — from classical to film scoring and even microtonal music.
SWAM Violin for iPad can be used as a standalone instrument for playing in real-time, or as a plug-in for mobile music production. Play with your favorite external controller or directly from the iPad through our intuitive interface.
With SWAM Violin for iPad you can:
- Explore our collection of presets, create your own, or import them from your Desktop
- Play in real-time using the standalone version of the app
- Play with different instrument bodies
- Play in a variety of styles like a real player
Control the instrument’s expressivity in real-time directly through the touch control interface on your iPad including the exclusive virtual bowing touch surface!
- Play and control the instrument’s expressivity in real-time using your favorite external controller (ROLI Seaboard, Akai EWI, breath controllers, regular keyboards, and more)
- Use the included AUv3 plugin version to produce music with a mobile setup
- Use the included AUv3 plugin version in combination with Camelot PRO for live performances
- Adjust every aspect of the instrument’s sound (timbre, vibrato, amount of air, etc.) through an easy-to-use control panel
- Micro-tune the instrument through the Pitch Manager (note: MAQAM device is supported with direct integration)
- Add built-in effects such as Reverb, EQ, and Compressor
- Have access to easy MIDI control configurations
The SWAM Violin for iPad is for you if:
- You’re a wind controller player looking for a mobile setup to perform live without needing a computer while still having an incredible sound.
- You’re a keyboard player and feeling frustrated by the limited expressive capabilities normal sample-based plugins give you.
- You’re a music producer looking for a mobile setup to produce music from anywhere without having to carry around expensive gear.
- You’re looking for a virtual instrument that allows you to express the full range of your musicality easily on your iPad.
IMPORTANT: If you choose to play using an external controller, please note that a controller with the ability to continuously control the expression (like an expression pedal, breath controller, MPE device, wind controller, …) is REQUIRED. The same way real players need a bow to express themself on their instrument, SWAM Violin needs something to control its expressivity. SWAM instruments do not work with just note-on velocity.
- Sound engine improvements
- UI fine tuning to improve visibility, readability and UX consistency (Virtual Keyboard and Arrow Buttons colors, flat dynamic envelope color )
- New application launch icons
- Added a color status to the main view buttons
- Added "red alert" warning on expression slider in main view
- Moved the position of Reset and Panic buttons from the keyboard to the “preset display area” on the top header
- Reduced size of the main view monitor sliders
- Fixed Bipolar mode - Pizzicato / Col Legno and Bowing accent
Ratings and Reviews
Crashed still observed and have report this during Beta Testing
Still crashed and cause ipad 8th gen to freeze on this situation:
- Playing the recorded midi in Cubasis 2 as auv3 and screen in full display for SWAM Violin.
- Only 2 tracks is playing, a piano and SWAM Violin during playback.
- Cubasis 2 cpu load is less than 40%.
- Occurence of crashed and freeze is every single time during playback when auv3 of Violin in full display. If screen not displayed, playback is okay.
SWAM on the iPad!!!
I can’t believe there aren’t a thousand glowing reviews yet.. do people still not know about this company? It’s NOT a sample library of 40gb worth of pre-recorded samples - it’s a faithful recreation of the accounting qualities of instruments in a small 10-20mb shell which YOU perform as you see fit. And there’s nothing out there that sounds better, IMO. Go YouTube some of their vids and prepare to fall in love in amazement.
You can use any decent midi controller with expression, but the real magic is with an MPE controller like the Roli seaboard. If you own one, you owe it to yourself to buy these. I personally own every single desktop instrument they offer, and I will steadily collect them here on iOS as well.
Thank you Audio Modeling! You’re my faves <3
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Audio Modeling Srl
- 49.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Audio Modeling Srl
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.