Sweet Home 3D is an easy to learn interior design application that helps you draw the plan of your house in 2D, arrange furniture on it and visit the results in 3D.
Sweet Home 3D is aimed at people who want to design their interior quickly, whether they are moving or they just want to redesign their existing home or office. You may:
• Draw walls and rooms of your home from scratch or upon the image of an existing plan, on one or more levels.
• Change the color or the texture of the walls, the floors and the ceilings, importing images of your own patterns if needed.
• Drag and drop doors, windows and furniture onto the plan from a catalog of 1500 objects organized by categories, in which you can import 3D models created by yourself or downloaded from the web.
• Customize the size, the orientation, the elevation, the colors and the textures of each piece of furniture.
• View the changes in the plan simultaneously in a 3D view, in which you can navigate either from an aerial view point, or from a virtual visitor view point.
• Create a photorealistic image of your arrangement depending on the time of the day and the light sources placed in the plan.
• Create a video from a virtual path in the 3D view.
• Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts, arrows and a compass rose.
• Print the home plan and the 3D view or export them in files at PDF, PNG, JPEG, SVG, OBJ standard formats, to reuse designed homes in other software.
• Added YafaRay faster rendering engine
• Added Inch/Fraction and Foot/Decimals units
• Various bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Very capable program
I’m remodling a house and love several things about this program. It’s much easier to work in the metric system, so I do all dimensions in metric, but in the USA lumber and some other things are still sized in inches. This program allows you to quickly change back and forth. Very handy to avoid mistakes. Also works as a converter. What I don’t like is I’d like to be able to draw my own furniture, windows, etc. that aren’t in the library. Pretty much all I can use this software for is the walls, which is very helpful, but I have to use similar objects sized to my sizes. Sure would be nice to be able to draw simething with lines and curves then convert it to an object. Overall, excellent value for the money. Being able to turn layers off is very handy because you can include all sorts of mostly irrelevant dimensions that you need to build but can make vanish for the larger overview. The 3D and rotation is useless to me, I only use plan view, but I’m sure some folks use it.
Easy to Use but also very accurate and powerful
My wife and were looking for an app in order to be able to precisely create a new design for our condo (creating and moving walls etc…) and also being to decorate it to get a really good idea of what would work. We had the blueprint and simple scanned that as the background, and then easily drew the exisitng walls over that. Once we knew the measurements were on target we could easily add and move walls, as well as furniture and fixtures to get a really nice looking AND accurate 3D rendering of what we could do. We completely came up with a new floorplan and design in a weekend! The learning curve is small, so once you spend a little time working you’ll get the hang of all the tools. To me, this was huge, as I didn’t to have to learn some complex new app. Also, what I love about this app is that it is totally accurate to measurements (and proved measurements). So, for example, it won’t let you place a wall or piece of furniture that’s too large in too small an area. So, your renderings are our-to-life and accurate. Can’t think of much else amateur home designers would want/need! Love this app!
Very Intutive and Easy
I downloaded other programs all of which had a very steep learning curve. This app is very intutive and works just as one would expect it to work. Therefore, one can learn it very quickly and be productive within a very very short time. Also, there are many value add in this program which I found very useful....for eg: adding dimensions is very useful and easy. Likewise, the video walk thru is also very easy once you figure out how to work the camera. To be honest, it took me a little while to figure this out (you have to manipulate the camera in the drawing screen! A video tutorial would be nice).
Also, there are many appliances and other items available to add (tosters etc) but not enough furnitures and kitchen cabinets etc.
One thing I could not figure out is how to change the floor...add tiles and hardword floor etc. If this option is not available, this should be added.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. Draw rooms to change their floor, as explained in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWk9-mKE9G8
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Emmanuel Puybaret
- 307 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2005-2021 Emmanuel PUYBARET / eTeks
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.