Swyx Desktop for macOS
With „Swyx Desktop for macOS“ you can seamlessly embed and easily integrate Apple OS-X work environments into your corporate communication – with an innovative user interface concept allowing ease of use for all communication functions.
• modern and innovative user interface concept allows intuitive handling of all communication features and functions
• brilliant audio quality with High-Definition (HD) voice calls
• easy-to-use management presence state and call forwarding optimises availability within the company
IMPORTANT SYSTEM REQUIREMENT:
• Important: The application requires the server side installation of SwyxWare 2015 R3.2/NetPhone 2015 R2.2 (or later). Enhanced presence information is available only with server side installation of SwyxWare 2015 R3.2.2/NetPhone 2015 R2.2.2 (or later).
• The application requires Apple macOS 10.12 Sierra (or later).
A TALENT FOR COMMUNICATION
• Communicate in HD audio quality
• Navigate easily through your contacts, favourites and call journal
• Send messages to your colleagues
• View the online status of your server-based business contacts
• Initiate calls conveniently by direct number entry, from phonebook, call lists and from any application using Hotkey
FURTHER FEATURE RICH FUNCTIONS:
• Call management: transfer, redirect, mute, hold and swap calls, handover a call to another device
• Call Line Identification (CLI) & "Privacy" functions for external calls, name resolution for numbers
• Selection of outgoing number (individual or group numbers)
• Simple call re-routing in case of busy, delayed answer, immediately, offline user
• Support of „Headset“ and „Hands free“ audio with Jabra and Plantronics headsets
• Voicemail support with Message Waiting Indicator (MWI)
• Use different ring tones for incoming calls
• Easy configuration
• Support of application logging
CONTACT, CALL, COORDINATE
• Filter and search in phonebook contacts and call journal with support for profile photos of contacts
• Create favourites for contacts
• Call logs (for incoming, outgoing and missed calls)
• Conferences: User initiated ad-hoc three-party conferences
• Presence Management: manual setting of presence status (incl. 'Offline'), status message and your profile picture
• Support for simple Call Routing: "Do not disturb", forwarding when busy, forwarding when delayed, forwarding immediate, forwarding when participant logged-off
RESTRICTIONS / KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS VERSION
• Buttons of external USB or Bluetooth devices other than Jabra are not supported for calls, yet
• The use of h/w buttons of Jabra headsets may require to quit a running instance of Jabra Suite
• Transfer of an ongoing call to another device of the same user does not work when connected to a Swyx Advance server
Once again we have used your feedback to make Swyx Desktop even better for you...
- The profile picture looks as expected again under macOS macOS 11 (Big Sur)
- With a click on the time at the Recent list you can see now also see the duration of a call
- Unfortunately, we had to remove the Jabra SDK to eliminate the main cause of crashes
- Status based on calendar no longer crashes the app on macOS 11
- Now the app should start as usual for all users on macOS 11
If you are satisfied with our improvements, which were made available from the home office, we would be happy to hear from you again. Please update your review in the App Store. If you have any other problems, questions or suggestions for improvement regarding the app, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Merry Christmas and stay healthy! Swyx
Ratings and Reviews
This is not even a half finished product
Here are some of the flaws listed:
NO SUPPORT FOR JABRA headset which they do recoment on there home page.
You can only sort your contacts by last name.
You can’t merge phonebooks.
You can’t edit contacts who are in your addressbook through SWYX.
You can’t call contact using contextual menu.
You need to change all your contact to contain (+CountryCode) so you can use your phone book
The main window is to big.
Compared to the Windows app the Mac version is just a joke and only done to be able to say “we have a mac support”
There is no customer support on there homepage to ask questions related to your problems.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Swyx Solutions GmbH
- 19.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Swyx Solutions GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.