* Winner of the IGF 2014 Student Showcase *
Symmetrain, high score chase in symmetry!
Choose your train and spot all differences as quickly as you can while driving from train station to train station. But be aware, every mistake delays your train until it disappears out of view. Don't let this happen! Use the emergency brake in tricky passages and bring all passengers safely to the next train station.
Challenge your friends and show them who has the best reaction and highest high score while mastering faster trains in different landscapes!
++ Pocketgamer.co.uk quote ++
“It's an ingenious concept, and it works well in practice. The controls are simple and responsive, and the whole thing is lifted by some excellent, picturebook-style hand-drawn artwork.”
- Eight trains to unlock and play. each with a different speed, look and travel route.
- Dynamic generated game play – every challenge is a new challenge!
- A game for everyone – easy trains for beginners and children, faster and more difficult trains as you improve.
- A picturesque world full of lovely hand-drawn graphics
- A smooth guitar soundtrack that you will not forget
- Game Center integration and iCloud synchronization - compete against your friends for the ultimate highscore!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
64Bits and iOS 11, enjoy the ride :-)
Ratings and Reviews
I'm very much not a gamer* and one thing that irritates me no end is not knowing HOW the game works. Is it obvious to most of you what controls mean and how to move around games? It's not to me therefore you can't understand how happy I am to see explicit instructions.
* I own scores of game apps but can't figure out so many except adorable simple (often Japanese) cat games, geography and vexillology ones.
Such an awesome game with a unique idea!
This is my first review so I hope you all can bear with me. I haven't unlocked all the trains yet, but so far I am having an awesome time with this game. From the peaceful music to the great artwork, Symmetrain keeps me wanting to play more. The game's unique twist in the "Find the Difference" game genre is its vital component and its a hook that captures me every time I open up the app. My body tenses up when I see that my train is catching up to a bundle of trees or buildings, and I have to pull my red emergency brake to slow down and catch the differences. What is also great is that when I don't feel like having my heart race, I can choose the "Extra" train to play a more quiet, serene level and just enjoy. I think people of all ages would love this game. It's something different, something new, something relaxing, but also exciting! (Can't wait to get the "Bullet" train!)
A Great 'Eye-Hand-Brain' Coordination App!
This award winning app, apparently created by a pair of German students, is a delight-- it requires a different skill set from most of the 'solitaire' games available for iOS, has marvelous visuals (more on that in a moment), and is simply fun to play. The home screen comes complete with hidden "Easter eggs", so that as you tap on certain of the passengers in the train station you get the design and music credits (among others), and even a comment from the Blue Bird of Happiness, as well as a sound track of a station, with overhead announcements.
If I have any complaint at all, it is that the trains run too fast-- it's impossible to take the time to actually admire all that has been included in the (too often!) asymmetrical scenery through which the various trains pass.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Black Pants Studio GmbH
- 49.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Philipp Beau 2013, Daniel Goffin 2013
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.