Sync for iTunes 4+
With Sync for iTunes you can easily keep all your iTunes media synchronized across multiple devices, external disks, network drives, etc.
Sync for iTunes is very easy to set up, simply drag the folder in which you want to create a copy of your library and your done.
You can create exact copies of your libraries if you want to access it from another Mac.
Or, you can choose what type of media to synchronize (Music, Videos, TV Shows, Podcasts, iTunes U, etc), and even decide how to organize it using tags to specify the file structure.
You can have up to 14 different configurations, all ready to start synchronizing at the press of a button.
Then after acquiring a new song or tv show for example, simply run Sync for iTunes, press the big START button and in seconds your new files are where ever you need it to be.
IMPORTANT: Please enable the option “Share iTunes Library XML with other applications” on the menu iTunes / Preferences / Advanced, before dragging the iTunes folder into Sync for iTunes.
▪ Create exact duplicates of your iTunes Library, or choose the contents to synchronize.
▪ Specify what type of media to be synchronized (Music, Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos, Home Videos, Podcasts, iTunes U, Audiobooks, Tones or Books).
▪ Choose which iTunes Playlists (or Smart Playlists) to synchronize.
▪ Synchronization is fast and efficient.
▪ Configure once, then synchronize when you need to, with a single press of a button.
▪ Easily queue slots to be synchronized one after another.
▪ Option to delete files on the destination that no longer exist on your iTunes Library.
▪ Option to start copying as soon as Sync for iTunes is executed. (Useful for creating schedules to run this tool from iCal for example).
▪ Option to write on log files all the operations perform during the synchronizations.
▪ Safely cancel synchronization at any time. You have the option to continue next time you synchronize.
▪ Perform multiple synchronizations simultaneously.
▪ Follow folders in case the name or location has changed.
▪ Configure up to 14 different synchronizations.
▪ Lots of options and yet extremely simple to use.
- Synchronizations can now be scheduled.
- Support for external Media folder.
- The sound when finished can now be disabled from the File Menu.
Ratings and Reviews
Strange Program. Not Much Good for Anything
For the descriotion, it looked like it would keep my back-up copy of iTunes folder (all media) updated: Add a TV show epsode to primary, it should appear in the proper folder/subfolder of the backup. Copy only new or chnaged files. Something SilverKeeper (Lacie freeware) did easily and automativcally, but won't run on newer machines. This program won't come close, Infact, it's not clear what it does.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for trying Sync for iTunes and for writing a review.
Please try dragging your iTunes folder into the source side, and an empty folder into the destination side.
Please make sure you enable the option "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications" on the menu iTunes / Preferences / Advanced.
You can then choose what you want to export.
Clicking the "START" button will sync the changes into your destination folder.
You can also schedule synchronizations.
If you have any questions, please contact support.
Does exactly what I need – sync (not just bulk copy)
This app does exactly what I need – let me fill my car's flash drive from my iTunes library, without having to wipe it and copy everything again just because I've added, deleted, or modifed something in my library. It allows all manner of target naming flexibility, keeps logs of what it did, and cleans up the target if something has been moved or removed from where it was in my library. It's the only app I use for syncing my music.
Not as advertised, gives misrepresentation of capability
iTunes was having an issue syncing to my phone so I saw that this app would allow syncing “across multiple devices.” Guess what this app will not do… allow you to sync anything to your phone. A waste of $3. Would love to have my money back.
The developer, Oktoid, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Mio Hamano
- 1.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Oktoid
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.