Shows memory/CPU usage status, CPU temperature and fan speed, network status and disk reading/writing status on status bar. SystemPal is becoming an ALL-IN-ONE app. It also provides a tool kit including mini music player, screenshot capture, memory cleaner.
1. Showing status directly on the status bar. It is very convenient to check system status.
2. Showing a mini music player on the status bar. This mini music player controls iTunes to play songs in your iTunes library. It is very convenient to see song name and artist on the status bar. You can also check the album artwork, read the lyrics, rate the song. When you close iTunes, the mini music player will just become a tiny icon.
3. Providing a screen shot utility. You can use it to capture mouse selection, capture a window, capture the whole screen. You can save the screen shot to desktop or save to the clipboard. You also have the option to delay 3 seconds before capturing.
4. Providing a quick launch for Activity Monitor of Mac OS X.
5. Memory usage pie chart.
6. CPU usage chart. Working well with multi-core processors.
7. Network status (uploading speed and downloading speed).
8. Disk reading/writing status.
9. Configurable items showing on the status bar.
10. 1-Click cleaning memory. When you are short of free memory, you can just click 'Clean Memory' on SystemPal and it will finish in a couple of seconds.
11. Auto-cleaning memory. If the free memory is smaller than a certain number, SystemPal will begin to clean memory automatically.
12. Displaying the top processes which consume much memory or CPU resource. You can the terminate the app which consumes too much Memory/CPU resource.
13. Providing an option to play alert sound when the CPU temperature is too high. (This option is disabled by default.)
14. Special enhancement for OS X. This utility works perfectly in full screen mode and every space.
15. Auto-run at login (you need to set it in the preferences).
16. SystemPal consumes much less resource than other apps with similar functionalities.
- Internet surfers
- Movie creators
- Graphic artists
- Virtual machine users
- If you find any problem, please report it to us and provide your computer's model (e.g. MacBook Pro 13-inch Mid 2010). We will try to reproduce it and fix it as soon as possible. Thank you.
- We are open to your suggestions.
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2015-02-03 5.1 Fixed the minor UI issues.
2015-01-12 5.0 Added top processes which consume network bandwidth, supported OS X 10.10 Yosemite, and added other improvements.
2014-04-01 4.1 Bug fixes.
2014-01-23 4.0 Added disk status. Increased speed of cleaning memory.
2012-07-21 3.2 Fixed the temperature problem on Macbook Air/Pro/Retina Mid 2012 models.
2012-12-12 3.0 Added a mini music player on the status bar. Added a screen shot utility. Added a quick launch for Activity Monitor.
2012-12-20 2.3 Bug fixes.
2011-12-14 2.2 Supports network unloading and downloading speed. Supports auto-cleaning memory.
2011-09-27 2.1 Supports CPU temperature and fan speed.
2011-09-20 2.0 Supports CPU load status. MemoryTool is renamed to SystemPal.
2011-08-11 1.0 MemoryTool, shows memory pie chart on status bar, cleans memory.
1. Made the UI look good. Supports macOS Sierra.
2. Supported macOS dark mode!
3. Removed mini music player’s ugly background.
4. Made other minor fixes.
5. The Contact Developer email will have the diagnosis info which does not contain any personal info and helps us solve problems. You can remove it if you don’t want to share it to us.
6. Because the per-process network monitoring does not work well on macOS Sierra, we have removed this feature.
Ratings and Reviews
“Best Bang for the Buck!"
I was having issues running a very demanding video game (World of Warships) on my 2014 MacBook Pro, experiencing crashes, freezing and other problems related to the high memory and processor demands of the game software and it’s MS Windows client. I purchased System Pal and a dual fan cooling pad to address both the memory and temperature problems. System Pal allowed me to set up automatic cache memory cleaning activation at custom designated levels as well as providing real-time system operating information including processor temperature levels. I have been using it almost every day for over six months and have eliminated the the problems entirely. The cooling fan was instrumental in lowering the operating temperature, however System Pal’s temperature and memory readings provided me with real-time situational awareness of the MacBooks status while I played the game. It does what it says it will do and more, at a very affordable price. That is why I believe it provides the “Best Bang for the Buck!"
I’ve been using this app for years in fact its been about 5 years now and to me this app goes with Mac OS, it really should be one of the most essential mac apps. I’d love to sit here and nit pick on everything about the app but the fact of the matter is that there is only good here. To my knowledge there hasn’t been any bad updates or times when things started to become buggy. System pal lets you monitor your macs health and performance and it does the job very well. From setting alerts to clearing memory to monitoring temperatures there is no better app available hands down. This may be 2.99 but its worth 20 easily in my eyes, a absolute must have for any mac from mac pro to a macbook air, every mac should come with this app period. Pop-hub if you see this do me a favor and keep doing what your doing, this app is hands down the best monitor for macs.
Very Good App
This app may not seem like much at first glance, but it is a little treasure. It does exactly what it claims to be able to do and does it superbly. I find it invaluable for keeping an eye on system data, particularly cpu load and temperature. I also like the fact that it lives inside your menubar because it makes so much easier to access quickly. The developer has had this app in the store for a while now and he/she is constantly maintaining/updating it. I consider system pal to be one of my must-have apps.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.