The ultimate still photo app for the conscious image maker - works equally well for serious photography as for organized visual note taking. With a handful of unique features you'll not find anywhere else.
Photos are saved to individual albums created with a specific purpose in mind. Such as different photo shoots or projects, visual shopping lists, recipes from the grandmother's cookbook, things for sale, monthly gas and electricity meter readings - the list is endless. These uses need different image qualities and sizes (you'll seldom make a large print of a meter reading, for example), so the app has:
• Album specific image quality, color space (wide color capable devices only) and geotagging settings.
• Selectable image quality with full, half, quarter, high color fidelity quarter HQ sizes and a super tiny 0.48 megapixel 800x600 JPG, as well as RAW and RAW+JPG on devices supporting RAW capture. The 800x600 JPG is up to 20 times smaller than a regular JPG, making it extremely gentle with your mobile plan's data allowance.
• Color space can be set to Display P3, Adobe RGB or sRGB for JPG files and Adobe RGB or sRGB for RAW previews.
• Home screen Quick Actions for selecting the last recently used three albums.
Unique features include:
• Framing Previsor for showing on the wide angle camera's image what the telephoto camera would see.* Also works with wide converters.
• Highlight and shadow alerts.
• Protective exposure metering.
• Auto ISO with minimum, maximum and minimum shutter speed settings.
• Real time distortion correction for wide angle converters via correction profiles, as well as a custom converter for other lenses.*
• Selectable screen frame rate to balance between fluid experience and power saving, and to avoid flicker with lighting running on 50Hz mains frequency.
• TIFF/EP compliant DNG files with support for wide color and full resolution embedded previews.
* Utilizes the time-tested precise simulation and distortion correction engines of our Mark II Artist's Viewfinder app.
Other notable features:
• Manual control for ISO and shutter speed in 1/3 stop increments.
• Manual focus with focus peaking. Selectable peaking color.
• Exposure compensation up to +/-5 stops.
• Exposure and focus lock.
• Continuous and single AF modes.
• Grid display with 2x2, 3x3 and 8x6 choices.
• Luminance only Black & White mode.
• Artist and copyright metadata. The copyright template supports tokens for the current year (so it's always up-to-date), artist name and the copyright symbol.
• Four user-assignable Smart Function Keys to bring most-used functions to a single tap distance, with 7 functions to choose from.
• Completely neutral viewing to avoid interfering with your color vision during composition.
• Fully color managed, from capture to display, including color-correct display of wide color RAW images.
Technical Camera only supports the back camera(s) in still photography mode. No videos or selfies. No fancy filters.
The Framing Previsor requires a dual-camera device or a wide converter lens.
The complete list of supported wide converter lenses can be found on the Tech Specs page: https://www.direstudio.com/technical-camera/tech-specs/
For more information we recommend to check out our Technical Camera How To's: https://www.direstudio.com/technical-camera/how-tos/
• Added support for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max, complete with lab measured angle of views for the Framing Previsor and ultra wide camera handling. The proven real-time distortion correction technology we pioneered in 2013 produces almost perfectly rectilinear images from the ultra wide camera. The ultra wide camera can be activated with the WIDE icon on Camera Options (circle icon) or via the "Toggle Wide Mode (W)" function. RAW capture, optical image stabilization and focusing is not available with the ultra wide camera.
• 4th generation distortion correction engine improves image quality with wide and ultra wide angle converters.
• "Keep Lowest ISO" preference to ensure that the most noise-free manual ISO setting is used when switching cameras.
• Added haptic feedback when Smart Function Key assignment is opened from the main screen.
• Corrected an exposure calculation problem during manual parameter setting when exposure is locked while exposure simulation is active.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App for Organizing Photo “Notes”
I was most interested in Technical Camera’s ability to save photos directly to an album and choose quality settings for each album. I often take pictures as reminders or for reference that do not need to be high quality. With this app, I can select the proper folder and then the picture is automatically saved at one half or one quarter of the resolution (or 600x800). It is easy and fast to switch albums. (Any albums you create are part of the standard iPhone Photos app and can be viewed there like any other iPhone picture.)
In addition, I have found that the app produces photos that are slightly better than Apple’s. The developer was very responsive when I asked a question and said that Tech Camera has its own JPG engine. He also explained a lot about how iPhone cameras work. (Note: RAW is only an option on the iPhone 6s and later.)
Overall, this app is well worth the price.
iPad Pro 12.9 (3rd generation)
Technical camera is by far the best camera app I’ve ever used. I was reluctant to pay $9.99 price tag but in the end it was worth every penny. The results are outstanding and that says a lot about the time and effort the developer(s) put into this app. They have given the user multiple options while ensuring ease of use and that is truly appreciated. A job well done.
1 recommendation, fantastic App
Technical Camera is what I needed for the real-time custom distortion correction for my wide angle adapters. I couldn't find that feature on nearly any other app!
To take that feature to the next level, would you consider integrating the controls for distortion correction over live video, so the user can immediately see the results?
Providing the user with real-time visual feedback for the custom distortion correction settings would help us to find the correct settings 10x easier and faster.
- DIRE Studio Kft.
- 3.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2018-2019 DIRE Studio Kft.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.