Telescope is a news reader app where you can follow news sources, video channels and RSS you love.
- Say NO to personalization bubbles!
- Say NO to the fake news!
Get top stories *only* from the news you follow.
You can subscribe to trusted news sources such as New York Times, NPR, Bloomberg, The Verge and thousands more. You can simply search for your favorite news sources and subscribe to them or you can add their RSS feeds. Telescope also lets you subscribe to your favorite Youtube channels.
Once you subscribe to sources you like, Telescope will show you aggregated 'Home Feed' with latest articles and videos only from your subscribed channels. By default, they are sorted by their 'hotness' calculated based on the upvotes received across the Telescope community. Additionally, you can choose to sort your feed by time, 'top of the day' or 'top of the week'.
Best RSS Reader with focus on readability. Subscribe to as many as RSS feeds you want and rely on home feed to surface on right articles for you!
- At Telescope we believe in the power of journalism and need to eliminate fake news! We believe trusted news sources and journalists will play an important part in that. That is why we want to empower you with trusted information by allowing you to follow the news you can trust and rely on.
- Also with the help of the Telescope community, you will be able to get access to the top news of the day or week. Telescope home feed surfaces articles trusted and upvoted by millions in our community. Break out of the "personalization bubbles" created around you by the other apps!
- Subscribe to news sources such as New York Times, The Washington Times, Forbes, Bloomberg, The Verge, NPR, Wired, and 1000+. Search for news sources under 'Explore' tab
- Add any RSS URL of your choice by clicking on '+' button in 'Explore' tab
- Subscribe to any Youtube channel. Search channels under 'Explore' tab
- Save any story for you to read later. Find saved stories under 'Reading List' tab
- Block posts from certain categories from appearing in your 'Home Feed', such as blocking Politics, Entertainment or any other category posts. Set it under 'Profile' tab -> 'Home Feed Configuration'
- Switch to any particular subscription under sidebar (top left the button on Home)
- View posts from your subscriptions categories by Politics, Entertainment, Sports, etc. under the sidebar
- Sort your feed by 'Hot', 'New', 'Top of Today', 'Top of the week'.
Feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any feedback. You can access Telescope on the web at https://telescope.surf
- No login/signup required anymore. All your data is saved locally
- added support for dark mode
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Favorite News App
I came across this app on HN a few weeks ago. I had been looking for something minimal yet feature friendly. You can subscribe to different news sources very easily, which is a great plus. I get a bunch of news reading done in my morning commute, and save what I can’t read, for later.
The UI updates for the app, seem to happen fairly frequently, with improved features. Gives me confidence that there is a dedicated team working behind the scenes. This has already made it to the front page of my iPhone!
Phenomenal! Only 1 Question!
What a shame that this has several 1* reviews because of an iOS 12 bug (now fixed). Even with those uncorrected reviews, its overall score is 4.7. In reality, it is a solid 5*. Simple and minimalist, I only have one question… Why doesn’t Telescope sell for a few dollars? It’s hard to believe that it’s free, no ads, catch - I keep asking myself whether I have missed something. ;-) Many thanks to the developer!
Telescope voiceover and feedback problems
Voiceover does not know the meanings of check marks when they change color so doesn’t announce status for any of them and I don’t even know if Voiceover can even announce colors. Tabs do not announce themselves when selected or highlighted either. Voiceover testing did not happen with this app. The feedback function in program throws an unknown error when I try to use it so that’s why this review is here. I hve to use more of the app before writing more except what accessibility you achieved without testing to date is impressive. I’m keeping this app on my phone in hopes of accessibility improvements to come.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. You are right, the app hasn't been tested for accessibility testing and your feedback has helped us discover that. As an independent developer, we appreciate you trying out our app and patience until we fix these issues.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.