The fastest and easiest way to capture digital text.
Instantly scan names, email addresses, phone numbers, long serial numbers, that pesky Wifi code, or anything really. The text is automatically copied into the clipboard, ready to be pasted into another app!
--- HOW DOES IT WORK? ---
• When you open the app, the camera starts scanning the text under the red line
• The results accumulate and are updated in real-time at the bottom of the screen
• Tap the bits of text that you want as soon as they appear: they are copied to the clipboard (center area)
• That's it! You can already paste the text where you need it (dialer, mail, web form, notes, etc.)
• Pause the camera, switch to the front camera, clear the clipboard or clear the recognition results with the tap of a button
--- BENEFITS ---
√ Captures text that is printed on paper, posters, boxes, ... or displayed on a screen.
√ All the processing is done on your phone. The app does not need or use the Internet.
√ Your privacy is guaranteed: the images and the text never leave your phone.
√ Recognizes the characters used in English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Dutch.
√ Barcodes! The app also scans EAN-13, EAN-8, UPC-A, UPC-E, Code 93, Code 39, Code 128, ITF, Std2of5 and Codabar (NW-7) barcodes.
√ The shortest possible path from printed text to usable digital text. "Live" scan what you need and nothing more.
√ No more clutter in your photo album with pictures of posters, flyers, etc.
√ Proprietary text recognizer designed and engineered specifically for mobile.
Warning: this app does not recognize handwriting (unless it is really really neat print!).
After the first day, a one-time In-App Purchase gives you unlimited access to the clipboard.
Any feedback, question, suggestion? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest!
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Concept, Recognizes Nothing
This app looked to be exactly what I needed - something to scan a line of text (serial number, tracking number, etc) to the clipboard. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem able to properly recognize even the clearest of text. Maybe it’s in a different language - I don’t know. I’m giving it two stars in hopes the maker can resolve the issues, as I don’t see any other apps designed for this purpose as well as this one.
Good, but could be amazing!
This tech would be amazing in the form of an iOS keyboard, so I wouldn’t need to leave the app I’m in to go copy text to the paste board.
It has a few overlooked bugs:
- The “freeze” button is just above the text entry area, a minor reach issue, BUT
- When you touch the text entry field, the keyboard slides up and covers the selection of scanned tokens at the bottom and you CANNOT DISMISS the keyboard once summoned. (I had to relaunch the app when I summoned the keyboard by accident trying to freeze the video.)
And it would benefit from some configurability or AI/ML smarts in lieu of configurability:
- Would be great if it could do some semantic grouping of the available tokens or offered some way to tune how runs of text are grouped (e.g. grouping runs of numbers for FedEx tracking numbers or phone numbers)
I have wanted an easy way to scan a phone number from a service sticker (e.g. on my water heater) directly into the phone app or scan a USPS tracking number off a receipt directly into a web form.
I would revise my review to 4 stars if the above 2 bugs were fixed. Would be 5 stars if you can add either one of the above feature requests!
Thanks for your obvious hard work on this app!
Doesn’t recognize any text correctly
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Glyphin SPRL
- 6.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Glyphin SPRL
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Clipboard $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.