Improve your writing with Textkraft!
Textkraft is a professional writing app, specially developed for authors, editors, translators and other prolific writers.
• "Textkraft is the best text environment I’ve discovered yet", technologytell.com
• "The de facto intelligent text processor", top rating at theiPadtop.com
• "This incredibly feature-rich app goes well above and beyond what’s expected of a mobile word processor", top rating at TheiPhoneAppReview.com
• More than 5 m downloads since 2011
The magic about Textkraft is, that it has all documents for your project in one app, side by side, without downloading times accessible. Swipe back and forth or use the document overview to access texts, notes, Office documents, PDF files, e-books and other drafts you need for your writing process.
Extended offline dictionaries with synonyms and built-in online references are helping with spelling, language, expression, grammar, definition and translation. Precise cursor navigation, fast text selection guides and many additional keyboard functions facilitate typing and correction work.
Extensive import and export features for all important file formats, native support of many cloud services and a complete set of share functions are making this app one-of-a-kind.
• Multitasking with Split View & Slide Over
• Drag & Drop of files and text snippets
• Optimized for all iPad models
• 22 offline dictionaries: Dansk, Deutsch, English (AUS/CAN/GB/IN/SG/US), Español (ES/MX), Français, Italiano, 한국의, Nederlands, Norwegian Bokmål, Polskie, Português (PT/BR), Русский, Suomi, Svenska, Türkçe
• Extended dictionaries with synonyms for English, French, German, Spanish
• Switch languages without changing your keyboard layout
• Integrated online references
• Spell-Aid buttons jump to unknown words
• A prediction & correction menu directly in the text. It replaces words only when you tap on it.
• Auto corrections can be disabled
• Words can be added to the dictionary temporarily or permanently
• Place diacritical marks & umlauts automatically
• Access to Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, Microsoft OneDrive, Evernote & BOX
• Save securely on WebDAV & ownCloud
• Local storage – Textkraft does not force you to use a cloud
• Document overview & favorites
• Delete, rename, create, copy and move files
• File sharing with Mac/PC without internet transmission
• Precise cursor navigation with real keys & scrollbars
• Select a word, sentence or paragraph or extend your selection with just one tap
• Change capitalization with a tap – no cursor navigation required
• Unlimited undo/redo
• Insert quotation marks & brackets with a tap
• Forward delete, tabulator, symbols & special characters
• Search & replace (grep for regular expressions)
• System wide Spotlight Search
• External keyboards with shortcuts
• Dictate with Siri & navigate with VoiceOver
• Make non-breaking spaces visible
• Text statistics & Flesch readability index
• Compare files & list changes
• Multilingual text to speech
• 20 font faces, flexible paragraph & line spacing, page margins
• A special font for users with dyslexia
• Many text and headline styles & highlighters
• Enumeration function & interactive check boxes
• Color themes & night mode
• Publish full featured e-books or save them in iBook
• Export and share TXT, Markdown, PDF, RTF, HTML & EPUB
• Open MS Office documents, e-books, PDF, HTML, images, audio, movies and many other formats as working model
• Import RTF, RTFD, HTML & EPUB
• Convert MS Word DOC & DOCX files to plain text
• Printing & PDF export with preview & adjustable options
• Share documents via e-mail, iMessage, SMS or MMS
• Post to Twitter, Sina & Tencent Weibo
• Send files to other apps & devices (AirDrop)
• Share Extension receives text from any app – without opening Textkraft
• Avoid unauthorized access with passcode & Touch ID
• Uses Apple Data Protection
• ANTI-SPY GUARANTEE: Your documents are not evaluated, or made accessible to others
- More optimizations for iOS 12
- Better support for all new iPad models
- Several minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
It is the KINK!, I mean, KING!
It remains at the top of the heap. All that is written below remains applicable. Incremental improvements in function and stability, this app will not crash, and it will always get the job done. I love this app
By the way, I use this app on a old, iPad 2. You know, the second iPad following the first? This app supports my ancient iOS, 9.3.5. Groovy, yes? Also, on a iPhone 6S Plus. Dig it?
Use it ---love it.
=== older review below ===
My needs are simple. A text editor that will create and modify TXT dox. It is so good at that task, hands down. The App also works SEAMLESSLY with Dropbox helping me keep track of hundreds of recipes. BONUS for supporting (the much maligned) RTF and the over hyped, MS documents of various flavors.
Super Groovy is the, on the fly, text size modification, ala, Pinch-n-Zoom. My presbyopia-eyes (not, Bette Davis eyes) need the instant magnification. Magnificent.
Others have said their thing about this app in other, well, applications. In my case, I stopped spending, money, and time looking for the perfect text manipulator BECAUSE it is maintained and improved.
Love this app
It's the add on to the keyboard that makes it great. Great search and replace, cursor buttons, one-touch change case. No other word processor has these. The change case button alone is a huge time-saver for me.
This used to be a 5-star app but no more
This used to be a really good app, I rated it 5-stars and used it most every day.
Infovole changed the the cloud access so everything has to be accessed through iCloud, destroying one of the nicest features of Textkraft; simplicity of accessing third-party cloud services. Since the introduction of using iCloud as an intermediary to third-party cloud services the simplicity is no longer a feature. For example, accessing files on OneDrive takes many more steps using icloud than the previous Textkraft versions
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.