TextSniper is an easy-to-use desktop Mac OCR app that can extract and recognize any non-searchable and non-editable text on your Mac's screen. As an extra feature, it can turn OCR text into speech. It is a super convenient alternative to complicated optical character recognition tools.
The tool is intuitive to use and makes extracting text from your images, scanned paper documents, PDFs, or even videos easy. No training or special skills required, fits perfectly home and business mac users. Easily accessible from the menu bar whenever you need it and has a simple user interface.
If you ever have used a built-in mac's screen capture application before, then it wouldn't be any trouble to work with TextSniper too. Select with a mouse any part of an image, photo, PDF document, or anything on your screen, and the app will process and recognize any text within this selection. The text output will be saved into a clipboard, so you could paste it into your favorite macOS text editing or note-taking software.
Finally, the app's optical character recognition engine doesn't need an internet connection to process documents. Great OCR solution for those who are concerned about privacy. The application does not collect any users' data.
• Convert different image formats to text (JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, etc...).
• Pull text from a non-searchable PDF file without a need to process the whole document.
• Read text from images, PDF documents, photos, Zoom meetings, or any other sources.
• Copy text even when it is uncopiable like in ebooks or web articles.
• Quickly extract emails, links, phone numbers, etc.
• Grab text or turn it into speech in video games.
• Read QR or barcodes.
• Quickly generate alt text from the screenshot for tweets.
• On-device OCR technology. No internet connection is needed.
• Instant text recognition. No need to upload files into the application. OCR document or file on the fly.
• High accuracy and performance processing any documents.
• Recognizes even tiny text on images with low quality or dense background.
• Customizable. Custom keyboard shortcuts to extract text with various options.
• You can have TextSniper speak the recognized text whenever you need it.
• Supports optical character recognition in multiple languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
• Running macOS Catalina: English language only supported.
• Fully compatible with macOS Big Sur and optimised for Apple's M1 chips.
• Added QR code and barcode recognition. Proceed to Preferences > Shortcuts to set global shortcut.
• Added ability to disable Success Notification popup. Proceed to Preferences > General to toggle this option.
• Other minor fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pays for itself in terms of time saved
if you've ever felt the pain of having to transcribe text from a .pdf that wasn't created in text format, then this app is for you. just buy it, you will not regret it (even though the price seems a little high imo). In the few weeks I've had the app, the developer added the ability to have the text paste without paragrapgh breaks. That feature alone makes this app superior to other non-Acrobat alternatives out there.
Just wish they would add an ability to tweak the shape of the screen snip before it copies the text. p.s. you are welcome for the idea Valerijis! ;)
So impressed with this app. A must-have for me.
There had been so many times and frequently that I needed to copy-and-paste text from websites, but was helplessly unable to, frustrated. Until I randomly discovered this wonderful litle app that saves me a lot of time manually re-typing texts. It's also fastastic that it can capture litturaly any text on the screen regardless whether the texts are picture-based, and are within other pictures behide it. It's just so great of an app! Thanks developer!
I use this every single day
I can't believe the number of cases where it makes sense to use this. Zoom calls where you can't cut from chat. A printed document you can capture in an iPhone photo and AirDrop to mac, live streaming presentations that show an unclickable weblink, the list is endless. Alongside Skitch from Evernote for great compressed shots, I find I instantly miss this utility on computers without it installed. Don't hesitate, try it, and watch it remove a solid part of your workday stress.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Valerijs Boguckis
- 1.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Valerijs Boguckis
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.