The Carbon Games 17+
Carpool to reduce emissions
Mercury Retrograde, LLC
Designed for iPhone
Earn CARBON tokens for sharing a carpool with other event attendees!
So you finally got tickets to attend a live soccer match! Or you are about to join your friends at a fabulous rock concert! Either way, what is the worst part about getting to these events? Probably sitting through the traffic right? And looking for parking too?
Well guess what - idling in traffic and driving around in circles to find parking is not great for the environment either.
The Carbon Games Events app is revolutionizing sustainable commuting through the power of free, gamified, and incentivized carpooling. We provide the motivation, accessibility, and speed people need to embrace carpooling as the easiest and most eco-friendly way to commute.
Why wait to join your friends inside the concert hall? Hop on a carpool and get there together. Save on gas, save time, lower your carbon footprint and earn CARBON tokens for doing so!
Our proprietary routing technology matches people located within a 1km radius and that have requested a carpool to the same exact event destination. The Carbon Games will never match people located far away from each other or going to different destinations - in order to avoid the generation of further emissions.
No nearby carpool offers available? No problem! Our brand new Carbon Meetup feature allows you to meet up at a nearby cafe with other people heading to your event! Once you all meet up, you can then choose to share a ride together by calling a taxi or ridesharing app to your common destination.
The Carbon Games MVP solution was the Winner of the Mastercard Future of Transportation Hack hosted at the World Expo 2020 in Dubai, UAE.
Transportation is one of the biggest sources of carbon emissions. More than 40% of emissions from transportation are produced by passenger vehicles.
Carpooling could take 1.2 million cars off the road by just increasing car occupancy from 1.1 to 1.2 people per car, and save up to 1.2 metric tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions.
If 4 people carpool instead of each driving their own car, they can save up to 1,600 pounds of CO2 emissions per month.
Coming soon to The Carbon Games Events app:
Carbon Wallet: keep track of all the Carbon Credits earned by each carpool trip completed using The Carbon Games Events app / see a record of the rewards purchased with Carbon Credits
Carbon Marketplace: redeem the Carbon Credits earned by carpooling for sustainable physical goods, fun digital goods, and blockchain NFTs
Carbon Quests: join people around the world solving climate challenges by reducing CO2 emissions and earn more Carbon Credits
Carbon Badges: earn well deserved badges for each sustainable milestone completed (100kgs of CO2 saved, only electric rides, etc.) and show them off to your friends on social media
The Carbon Games makes sustainability easy. Our gamified and incentivized apps help people take climate action – one trip at a time.
You may purchase an auto-renewing subscription for Premium account through an In-App Purchase to get 2X multiplier on all your point earnings.
• Auto-renewable subscription
• 1 year ($9.99) duration
• Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew anually unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Current subscription may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
- New waiting flow for drivers and passengers
- Drivers now get notified if a new nearby passenger is available
- Educational institutions are now managed from our backend
- “Internal Error” When trying to cancel old carpools is now fixed.
- App will show “Left carpool” if the passenger left and “Carpool cancelled” if the driver cancelled the carpool
- And some other performance optimizations
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mercury Retrograde, LLC
- 72.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Contests Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Mercury Retrograde LLC