A desperate mother, a missing girl and a mystical place - a case could hardly be more challenging. To solve the enigmatic disappearance of little Tabitha Marsh, however, the toughest and cleverest detective of all is wanted... but he does not have the time - and so the job goes to you. This mysterious assignment takes you to the remote fishing village of Innsmouth, where nothing is what it seems…
Save the girl, solve the case, survive Innsmouth!
The Innsmouth Case is a detective adventure in the style of an interactive book inspired by the fantastical works of horror legend H.P. Lovecraft. The unique mixture of horror and humor makes The Innsmouth Case the first scary-comedy-text-adventure of its kind. A game in which every decision counts, and there is far more than one way to successfully solve the case ... or fail miserably!
* Become part of a stirring story in the Lovecraft universe, where every decision you make has a lasting effect on the story.
* This interactive book will captivate you with its perfect blend of offbeat humor and classic horror.
* What fate awaits you in Innsmouth is entirely in your hands; a total of 27 possible endings want to be discovered. Are you saving the day - or are your days numbered?
*Explore 21st century Innsmouth, talk to over 30 animated characters and solve the mystery of the disappearance of little Tabitha Marsh.
- We have added a short explanation of the saving mechanics to chapter 1.
- A saving indicator notifies the players at the end of each chapter that their progress has been saved.
- The "Cthulhu fthagn" achievement is now correctly connected to the story endings instead of the achievements.
- In the "Gilman Night" chapter, answers are reduced if the player hasn't witnessed the city's shady activities.
- We have added an additional music track on top.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The ‘pick a previous chapter’ function could be improved for some routes
It certainly has its mix of humor and horror, though I feel like the ‘choose a previous chapter’ function could be improved for some routes. I finished the route that led to the ‘drowned’ ending achievement, but when I tried to go back a little bit on that branch by going to the ‘escape’ chapter, thinking it would go back about a chapter on that route, it instead put me on the escape chapter for a completely different pathway than what I had just finished.
Though I guess it might be a bug since the town center area didn’t show up as an option, which is where I had gone on that path.
I Really Want To Like This, But...
This app has a very nice aesthetic and the story is interesting. But there is absolutely no guidance on how you can stop “reading“ at any time without losing all of your progress. The app prompts that if you return to the main menu you will lose all of your progress in that chapter. But there’s absolutely NO way of knowing when you’ve moved on to a new “chapter.” I wasted a lot of time and became very discouraged working back through material I had already seen. After about 15 or 20 minutes more of “reading,“ I tried to exit AGAIN and lost all my progress from the last half hour. No app support is available… Unless you happen to speak German. I do not.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry to hear you lost progress during the game!
The game saves between chapters: You can spot the end of a chapter when the camera zooms out of the book and fades to black - it then zooms back into the book in the following chapter.
If you have any more questions or feedback, you can contact the support email firstname.lastname@example.org (our mistake, we‘ll add it below with the next update!). Of course we also offer support for English-speaking players.
I really wanted to like this game as a Lovecraft fan. It’s almost a kids game. The art is just plain silly. The writing is bad. If you’ve ever actually read The Shadow over Innsmouth you’ll hate this game. I didn’t even mind it was a text game. I’m not sure who this was made for. Honestly it seems like it’s aimed at 12 year olds. You can’t combine lovecraft with with the silly character art like that. Like it’s a Disney movie. I tried but I couldn’t get through it.
Developer Response ,
Too bad you didn't like the game. We are big fans of the "Shadow over Innsmouth" story ourselves, but we wanted to do something completely different with it. We were hoping that the screenshots would give a good overview of what the players can expect. If you change your mind, we can assure you that there are many story paths that take a more serious tone.
- Assemble Entertainment GmbH
- 748.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Copyright Assemble Entertainment GmbH 2020 - all rights reserved!
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.