Sculpt samples and sequence them in real time.
Ton brings a classic step sequencer and an advanced audio engine to your iPad, enabling you to create rich and modulated rhythmic sequences.
• Build rhythmic sequences using the step-sequencer, or play live using the drum pads
• Add movement to any sequence using PARAMETER LOCKS: any step can be assigned specific parameter values (pitch, saturation, volume…), a feature that can be used creatively to build melodies, add variation and make the overall sound feel more natural and organic
• Store your beats in PATTERNS, and recall them with a single tap immediately, without ever going out of tempo
• Use Ton in various setups, thanks to Audiobus and Ableton Link integration
• Mutate samples using the provided parameters
• Each track has its own multimode resonant filter, saturation effect and amplitude envelope
• Glue everything together using the Delay and Reverb master effects
• Unlimited parameter locks
• 6 tracks per project
• 1 multimode resonant filter per track
• 1 saturation effect per track
• 1 sequence per track, up to 4 bars long
• Delay and Reverb send effects
• 16 patterns per project, with store/recall behavior
• Up to 128 samples per project
• Ableton Link integration
• Audiobus integration
• Inter-App Audio integration
• Sample-level timing accuracy
• Sample import from iCloud, Dropbox, AudioShare and iTunes File Sharing (in-app purchase)
• Tempo from 20 to 999 BPM
• Fixed a rare crash related to drum pads
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app terrible file loading
I can’t believe how tedious it is to load samples one by one, seems like folders would be ideal. The only draw back of this app so far and it makes it so annoying. Otherwise I’m impressed with just the stock iSH
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback, I'll definitely look into ways to improve this part.
Really like the workflow of Ton. The parameter locks for each drum step is very much like an Elektron type machine and is a winner. Very cool, quick and creative to work with. For example, you can parameter lock the pitch, decay, FX send, pan, level, etc. for each step of a sample in a pattern. I recently discovered you can even parameter lock a different sample into each drum step of a pattern! I do not know of any other drum machine on iOS that can do this. Excellent work developer!
Abelton Link allows realtime jamming with other apps. It does not come with many samples but Ton provides easy import of user samples from iCloud, AudioShare, and Dropbox. This alone is worth the price of admission. If the developer continues to update Ton with more factory sample content and features, it could become the go to drum machine for those seeking that Elektron drum sequencing vibe without the price tag.
Needs to offer more.
Really, the app has a nice interface but that’s pretty much it. It’s capabilities are very limited. Maybe in 2010 this would be an app to play with for a day or two...not it 2019.
In response to the developer’s reply. The app needs:
***Basic MIDI implementation with IN and OUT
***adjustable step number. Only 16 steps are currently possible. Yes, workaround is to use multiple bars and increase tempo but that is not convenient as you can’t see all the steps on one page
***better / easier polyrhythmic patterns creation and swing
***better tempo adjustment, currently it takes endless spins of the wheel to double the tempo
*** tap tempo. No tap tempo in an app that is advertised as a real time / live performance app??
***basic sample management functionality such as trimming and sample reversing
***mixer. Currently volume, reverb, etc parameters can’t be quickly adjusted globally per track
***record mode in which performance can be recorded (hitting pads creates steps in real time)
***audio export functionality and MIDI export
***start & stop functionality when used as an IAA with AUM and Audiobus
Developer Response ,
It hurts me a bit to read that :(
What capabilities would you like to see?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.