Old-school massively multiplayer RPG set in a world of crime, cash and clans.
You are now entering Torn City; a dark and dirty metropolis inhabited by two million real people involved in crime, conquest, commerce and more. In this open-world, role-playing crime game you can be whoever you want, be it Bully, Businessman or Barbarian, so long as you’ve got the brains and bullets to back it up.
Torn City is so gritty and real that British Prime Minister Theresa May's staff used this game to learn about real criminal behaviour. Don't believe us? Google it. This genre-defining MMO RPG burst onto the scene in 2004 with its unique blend of old-school text-based action and immersive gritty content, and Torn's limitless, free-to-play virtual city continues to provide new experiences over a decade later.
Play TORN.com through this official app with push notifications and instant login functionality.
With a community of established opponents and 13 years of constant updates, new players can plug straight into a living, breathing RPG world complete with history, lore, rivalries and more. Newcomers arrive in Torn every day looking to shake up the established order, but only the most dedicated ever succeed.
So if you’re looking to make a name for yourself just be careful who you cross, because this place is no playground. Torn City is full of back-biting and drama, and whining will not be tolerated. You will be robbed. You will be shot. You will have flaming dog poop left at the front door of your mansion. If you're not ready to fight in the gutter and embrace chaos, we suggest you walk away now.
But if you think you've got what it takes then prepare yourself for a challenge, because every day is different, and on arrival you'll need to make friends and make them fast. The cops won't save you here, as before you know it you'll be plunged headfirst into real-time fights and brutal faction conflict - and that's just day one.
- Become a master criminal by doing drive-by hits, kidnapping the Mayor and bombing government buildings
- Tool up for the streets with hundreds of unique weapons and armour items
- Bulk up at the gym and train yourself into an elite urban warrior
- Mug your opponents to relieve them of their hard earned cash, or just leave them in the streets
- Go legit and land yourself a high-flying job at one of thousands of player-owned companies
- Prove yourself worthy and earn an invite to join one of thousands of established factions
- Work with faction-mates to wage wars, commit large scale crimes and conquer territory
- Experiment with dangerous drugs to boost your battle stats and gain a crucial edge
- Pay others to do your dirty work by bountying your bullies and sending them to the hospital
- Establish yourself as a financial kingpin by making shrewd investments and swindling fellow players
- Bust a cap and break bones in our tactical turn-based attacking system
- Purchase essential and exotic items at the city's player-run bazaars, or start your own and rip people off
- Bankrupt rival players at the casino through games of poker and blackjack
- Interact with the most unsettlingly realistic NPC's ever seen in an RPG, if you dare
- Earn money and respect by doing dodgy deeds for the city's shadiest characters
- Marry another player and share your supplies, stacks and secrets
- Steal or buy cars to modify and enter into illegal street races
- Buy an apartment, pimp it out and work up to your very own private island
- Bust out inmates from the city jail and beat them until they're grateful
- Scour the in-game newspaper for hints, tips and all the latest Torn City gossip
- Immerse yourself in Torn's energetic forums and chat rooms for lively debate and constant competitions
- Progress your character and play the game your way, then make your mark in our illustrious Hall of Fame
Ratings and Reviews
I Like it , however, language is an issue
I like the game greatly, however, if there can be an update that allows for more languages to be used in this game that would be appreciated, like I would like to use Japanese like I do many other games, however, it will just come out as an error using some random letters and numbers, such as when I do signature for profile and forums. If possible, I would like an update that can allow for the use of many other languages, though a translator would be good to use for translating text into another language for others who play this game who may be from another country such as European and Asian countries. I have encountered such things in other games and it makes it easier to communicate with other players of other countries who play as well. Plus if you allow for the ability to use other languages, this could allow the game to spread even further to other countries as well. This could also be beneficial to the game for they may have more donators from other countries that don’t use languages available to be used in the game such as English. Which this means the game could go for even more improvements or updates or events and so forth.
Amazing Long Term Game
This is probably one of the best games you will ever find. Torn is a game where you can do anything, be anybody and do it while you are meeting some great people along the way.
The only down side to the game is the steep learning curve. It truly is a long term game. I have been playing over 10 years and even I would not know how to start a new account in the game. I have referred many friends to the game and the friends I could convince to play for 2-3 months still play to this day. So if you want to truly give it a shot, play for 2-3 months and see how you like it.
As far as the app itself, it is basically just an extension of the internet based game, that coincides with the web based game. You can log into both and play from both. The app is fast enough and works well.
I can’t download it?
I love the game and have been playing off a browser the whole time. I finally decided to download the game so I wouldn’t have to watch a clock or set a timer for me to come back on. I successfully downloaded it and it worked fine for a couple of hours. After a while when I went to open the app it was stuck on the start up page, with “torn” on it. So I finally deleted it figuring it was a glitch. I went and downloaded it again and I forgot about it. About half an hour later I needed my phone and unlocked it to find it still not downloaded. The progress bar didn’t even show up, just the spinning circle right before it starts downloading. I tried again about three more times with the same outcome. I always end up getting a “unable to download torn at the time” message and it cancels it. I don’t know if this is important but I play off both my iPad and my iPhone. iPad is having no problems with the app, aside from some in-game glitches. It’s just the phone that’s not working.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Torn Ltd
- 25.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © TORN LTD
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.