Tournaminton manages your badminton tournament on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Both singles and doubles are supported. By default all matches are drawn but you can also set up rounds manually. On drawing, the current table is considered to ensure fair pairings (improved swiss system). Preferences like the number of playing fields, points per win, etc. can be adjusted at any time.
- Tournament modes: best of three or 1 set (any result)
- Singles or Doubles
- Any number of players and rounds supported
- Quick import of new players: paste list of names from clipboard
- Optional league system divides the table of players to ensure fair pairings
- Draws can be repeated as long as no results have been entered
- Byes are determined by fair algorithm (considers old draws and current table)
- Manual schedule: paste list of pairings from clipboard
- Simple input of match results
- Results can be corrected at any time
- Players can be added, removed or set inactive at any time
- Parameters like the number of playing fields can be changed dynamically
- Table and rounds can be saved as HTML (for sharing and printing)
- Statistics: view detailed tournament history of every player (can also be saved as HTML)
- Tournaments can be exported to and imported from the file system (extension ".tournaminton3")
- Internal web server: share live data with players
Manual schedule: rows should contain 2 (singles) or 4 players (doubles), separated by commas. A row with 1 player is treated as a bye. Example: The clipboard
Mia, Dean, Tyler, Luca
Denise, Michael, Marvin, Lena
will be parsed as
1. Mia and Dean vs. Tyler and Luca
2. Denise and Michael vs. Marvin and Lena
Louis gets a bye. Please avoid any typos as the app compares the names with known players.
Note: On saving the table or rounds as HTML, the app also copies the unformatted data to the clipboard. This actually reverses "Paste List" and "Paste Schedule".
- Code migration to Swift 5
- New file format which is incompatible to old tournaments
- Updated third party libraries (used to provide internal web server)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simple and easy
Very user friendly. Problem is that it doesn’t seem to properly rank players that end with same scores. Doesn’t take into account performance of previous opponents and the pairings don’t seem to make sense.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your comment. This would be a good idea for the final table. During the early rounds, the quality of each player cannot be rated fairly, I suppose.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.