Record all your outdoor activities be it hiking, jogging, cycling, or canoeing, and observe real-time statistics on your Apple Watch.
Trails records and displays your geo coordinates along with comprehensive statistics including duration, distance, altitude, ascent/descent, speed, pace, step count (iPhone 5S and newer), and many more. Capture photos, mark waypoints and create segments along your path to complete your recording. No login required, no automatic uploads or data sharing, no ads!
Import tracks from GPX files, let Trails guide you along imported or self-recorded tracks and see your progress along the way. Topographic maps display elevation lines, ski slopes, lifts, and other relevant landscape information. Get Trails Pro to unlock imports, routing, offline topographic maps, and more.
◉ Your Logbook
• Dashboard: View and filter activity summaries across multiple tracks
• Tags: Organize and filter your tracks
• Track analysis: Compare any two graphable statistics in zoomable, interactive graphs
• Heatmaps: Spot peaks at a glance
• Editing: Split and cut segments, insert waypoints
◉ Apple Watch Support
• Start and stop recordings, see live statistics, track your active energy & heart rate
• Apple Watch Series 2: Record GPS tracks without your phone
◉ Tightly Integrated
• Health & Activity app: Save track summaries to your Health database
• Today Widget: Start/stop recordings & see live statistics
• Siri: Start, stop, and resume recordings
• Spotlight (system search): Find existing tracks, waypoints and photos, or start recording from Spotlight
• 3D Touch on the homescreen: Access your last track or start recording immediately
• Bluetooth accessories: Pair external heart rate monitors and bike computers (cycling speed & cadence)
◉ Privacy-Focussed Sharing
• Wi-Fi sharing: View your tracks on a bigger screen without uploading them to the internet
• Export: Share tracks as GPX files, upload them directly to supported services, or create a weblink via Trails.io (see https://trails.io/s/2xal4g/ for an example)
• No login required, no automatic uploads or data sharing, no ads
◉ Trails Pro Features
• GPX file import via AirDrop, email attachment, weblink, or file provider extension (e.g., iCloud Drive or Dropbox)
• Offline topographic maps in various styles (powered by the OpenStreetMap community)
• Routing: Follow a track or a set of waypoints
• Unlimited recordings: Record as many tracks as your device can store
• Alerts: Audible alerts remind you in configurable intervals and read out one or more statistics
You can try out all other features and keep up to five tracks without Trails Pro. Record more tracks by deleting older recordings.
Trails Pro is available as a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription via in-app purchase. The subscription is non-recurring: It will end automatically after 3, 6, or 12 months respectively. No automatic re-billing, no hidden fees.
If you have any question about Trails, please don't hesitate to ask us! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Trails supports recording your location in the background. Please understand that continued use of location services can decrease battery life.
- Fixes a bug during imports
Ratings and Reviews
Abandoned by developer?
I’ve used this app many, many times for recording hikes, mountain bike rides and walks. It’s great as a logbook for outdoor activities. For whatever reason, it’s be difficult to find a good outdoor GPS recording app, and this one so far has been the best. My favorite feature is automatically stopping the recording when you get back to your start spot. Simple, but so incredibly useful. That all being said, it’s been a VERY long time since the app has received any updates. As a paid subscriber, it’s starting to make me wonder what I’m paying for. I’m hoping they do another release in the near future incorporating new iOS 13 features, like dark mode. If there isn’t anything new soon, I’ll have to find an alternative.
Good for me
I've tried just about every app like this and thought I found a couple. The time, milage, speed are right close to my watch. I like the interface I enjoy riding (which I'vr done a great deal). Not a racer but not one that rides a few mikes either. For medical issues I was homebond for 20 months. Ny encoligest last month recommended riding in s stationary bike. Told her no way was I peddling know where. Didn't want je on a two wheel as my boned are brittle. Mentioned a recumbent trike, she like thst idea so I brought one. aI want to lose the weight gained. Added to that I moved to because of the dr I was given(VA), so I'm not real familiar with the area. Won't ride main Streets, so anther issue. THIS app gived me speed(graft) distance, heart rate (graft), average speed, distance. I understand many others do basically the same but this is presented grafically in a way thst others are not. This is the first time I was able to set a pace and better abke to manage it without looking at my watch witch is a distraction at times. This will be the first app of its type that I will contribute to the Dev.
Remember we have different needs, this app meets MY needs, then some
Good, long overdue updates; new bug; still a missing feature
After a multi-year delay (unconscionable for a subscription-based app), the recent 4.07 and 4.08 updates fixed a bunch of misc issues. Response is *much* snappier. Even with my 400+ tracks, bringing up the list of all of them is almost instantaneous instead of a multi-second slog. And starting a new track is also much faster and no longer seems to lead sometimes to a completely black app screen. So overall, great updates.
But they introduced a new bug. The Trails widget on the Today View now tries to handle dark mode (which I use), but Trails' black text is not readable in that mode.
And Trails still lacks the important ability to do a bulk upload of all tracks as individual GPX files. Uploading them one at a time via the app's web UI is excruciatingly slow, and any tracks with certain special characters have to be renamed manually. An iOS update sometime in the last year or so enhanced the Health app to include GPX files that apps like Trails supply to it, but only a fraction of them arrive, and Trails' track names aren't included in the uploaded filenames. So the Health app's upload feature isn't a sufficient workaround for not having a bulk upload feature in Trails.
Before these recent updates, I was actively looking for a replacement for Trails, which appeared to be an abandoned, subscription app. With this update, it's back to 4 stars for me. Bulk track upload would make it 5 stars.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- iosphere GmbH
- 91.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, French, German, Kölsch, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Trails App Services UG
Get things done within this app using just your voice.