Trillian is both a free instant messenger for individuals and a powerful business and clinical communication platform used by companies and healthcare systems of all sizes. Here's how we can help you:
• FOR BUSINESSES: Does your business still rely on texting or cumbersome email chains? Let Trillian's modern and secure business instant messaging modernize employee communication without compromising on security or control.
• FOR HEALTHCARE: Your healthcare organization needs secure instant messaging, and Trillian's HIPAA-compliant secure messaging platform has you covered. We help teams of all sizes improve clinical communication without breaking the bank.
• FOR INDIVIDUALS: Stay in touch with family and friends without compromising your privacy. Your unique Trillian username can be used to send unlimited messages free of charge over your existing data plan and/or WiFi.
Whether you're looking to empower secure employee instant messaging or just to keep in touch with family and friends, Trillian can help. Thanks for checking us out!
This release features a larger number of performance improvements and some great new features. Highlights include: rebuilt the chat window from scratch to improve performance, animated PNG support, buzz support, keyboard shortcut improvements, ‘always on top’ support and a large number of general user interface improvements and fixes. Added ability to view all chat history as a summary view. Status icons are now overlaid as shapes on top of user avatars, freeing up space elsewhere in the interface and improving colorblind accessibility. User titles, departments, phone numbers and phone extensions will now be shown right inside the chat window when available. Security improvements include TLS 1.3 support and a handful of new policies for business customers to help lock down their Trillian deployments.
Full changelog: https://www.trillian.im/changelog/mac/6.2/
Ratings and Reviews
pretty good, but needs a few tweeks
This is a reliable cross-service messaging app for mac. sending pictures is not really up to current standards and the interface could be updated, but it is reliable!
One of the few great pro Mac apps left
There has been a trend of terrible UI designs by recent app developers (think Skype, Slack, DropShare 5, etc.) I'm very happy that Trillian keeps the usable UI and pro feel without slashing features. I just switched from Adium since Adium has been long neglected. Trillian is very stable for me, and I haven't had a crash yet. I just wish it supported OTR encyption.
i think this is a great chat client
i have used it for years and i will continue to use it as long as it’s still around. I’ve never had a complant with it.
I would like to see some more client intergration, maybe discord? and i would also like to see a dark theme on the phone.
but other than that, it’s a solid app
- Cerulean Studios, LLC
- 13.9 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Cerulean Studios, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.