»Trüberbrook« is a thrilling mystery-sci-fi adventure game.
Enjoy an adventurous vacation to a 1960's parallel universe! A Sci-Fi-Mystery Adventure Game with handmade scenery.
Imagine yourself on a vacation to Europe in the late sixties. Now, picture yourself as a young American scientist; Hans Tannhauser. Yes, that's your name in this scenario. While you're at it, think of Trüberbrook, a remote village in rural, mountain-sloped and densely forested cold-war Germany. Because, that's where you somehow end up after hitting the continent. But who cares, you won the trip in a lottery! Or at least, that’s how it seems. But don't fear, instead of getting some rest, you could find yourself having to save the world …
- Suspense! Mystery! Thrills! After all, it's a single player sci-fi mystery adventure game. We want to keep you entertained!
- Join American student Tannhauser, stranger in a strange land
- Set in cold-war rural Germany in the late 1960s
- Inspired by Twin Peaks, The X-Files, Stranger Things & Star Trek
- Indulge in universal themes such as love, friendship, loyalty, self-discovery and dinosaurs
- Handmade miniature scenery!
- Full voice acting in both English and German!
- Atmospheric, moody soundtrack
- Up to 10 hours of super exciting gameplay!
“I love the unique charm of Trüberbrook. The careful observer finds several Sci-Fi references everywhere [...]. At the same time, there´s a lot of Village-Charm and 60s flair. That's simply enough to take over my heart!”
83% – GameStar
“Ultimately, Trüberbrook is a charming journey through a wonderfully well-realized 1960s Germany. Its accessible and streamlined mechanics are simple yet effective, offering an experience that anyone can jump into.”
7.5 – TechRaptor
“Luckily, I found just what I was looking for in developer Bildundtonfabrik’s love letter to surrealist fiction like Twin Peaks. A combination of phenomenal visuals, razor-sharp writing and an awesome soundtrack.”
8 – Well Played
- Implemented chapter selection when starting a new game slot
- Implemented doubleclicking to leave scenes
- Added saving icon to indicate save process
- Snoozy, the always tired squirrel, finally awakened from hibernation
- Hung a new painting in the sanitarium
- Spiced up the finale music
Fixes and Improvements:
- Fixed an issue with the sound settings
- Fixed a small bug at the winter bus stop
- Fixed a rare bug that prevented Tannhauser from crossing the swamps
- Fixed missing dialogue selections in some languages
- Improved Polish, Czech, Ukrainian, French and Japanese subtitles
- Overall improvements and fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Love this game
I loved it. Some of it was not so easy and I liked that. There were some things I could have done without. Some of the dialogue was a bit long winded and I think you should have the option to skip although I know some parts gave clues. All in all a great game, great graphics, and no real ticks or issues in the game. Cant wait to see what else this team of gamers come up with.
Game was fun until...
The game wasn't bad, though I had to really reduce the graphics to play on my mac mini. That seems ridiculous on a point and click game. But my biggest issue with the game came after I had to reinstall the OS on my computer and even though I used the copy of the game that was on my time machine backup, I lost all my saved games. Are you kidding me?! So where do the saved games go if they aren't in the app content package?! That right there was enough for me to not play anymore. Developers need to get a bit smarter about how to handle game saves so people can make sure they are backed up and can be used again, like in my case.
Beautiful, but story is not good
The game app works fine and I had no technical issues. The Game world is interesting and beautifully rendered. The puzzles and story in the first half were great. Then in the second half it kind of fell apart with lots of bizzare events, non-science based "science fiction" and nonsensical puzzles. The second half was just a slog. OMG the unskippable, interminable concert scene in town! The ending is a let down, the big "final" decision you have to make doesn't matter at all, and you feel nothing for the poorly developed characters involved. Not a great adventure game by any means.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Headup GmbH
- 2.3 GB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
English, Czech, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Trüberbrook is developed by btf and published by Headup GmbH. Copyright © 2019 btf GmbH.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.