»Trüberbrook« is a thrilling mystery-sci-fi adventure game.
Enjoy an adventurous vacation to a 1960's parallel universe! A Sci-Fi-Mystery Adventure Game with handmade scenery.
Imagine yourself on a vacation to Europe in the late sixties. Now, picture yourself as a young American scientist; Hans Tannhauser. Yes, that's your name in this scenario. While you're at it, think of Trüberbrook, a remote village in rural, mountain-sloped and densely forested cold-war Germany. Because, that's where you somehow end up after hitting the continent. But who cares, you won the trip in a lottery! Or at least, that’s how it seems. But don't fear, instead of getting some rest, you could find yourself having to save the world …
- Suspense! Mystery! Thrills! After all, it's a single player sci-fi mystery adventure game. We want to keep you entertained!
- Join American student Tannhauser, stranger in a strange land
- Set in cold-war rural Germany in the late 1960s
- Inspired by Twin Peaks, The X-Files, Stranger Things & Star Trek
- Indulge in universal themes such as love, friendship, loyalty, self-discovery and dinosaurs
- Handmade miniature scenery!
- Full voice acting in both English and German!
- Atmospheric, moody soundtrack
- Up to 10 hours of super exciting gameplay!
“I love the unique charm of Trüberbrook. The careful observer finds several Sci-Fi references everywhere [...]. At the same time, there´s a lot of Village-Charm and 60s flair. That's simply enough to take over my heart!”
83% – GameStar
“Ultimately, Trüberbrook is a charming journey through a wonderfully well-realized 1960s Germany. Its accessible and streamlined mechanics are simple yet effective, offering an experience that anyone can jump into.”
7.5 – TechRaptor
“Luckily, I found just what I was looking for in developer Bildundtonfabrik’s love letter to surrealist fiction like Twin Peaks. A combination of phenomenal visuals, razor-sharp writing and an awesome soundtrack.”
8 – Well Played
- Implemented chapter selection when starting a new game slot
- Implemented doubleclicking to leave scenes
- Added saving icon to indicate save process
- Snoozy, the always tired squirrel, finally awakened from hibernation
- Hung a new painting in the sanitarium
- Spiced up the finale music
Fixes and Improvements:
- Fixed an issue with the sound settings
- Fixed a small bug at the winter bus stop
- Fixed a rare bug that prevented Tannhauser from crossing the swamps
- Fixed missing dialogue selections in some languages
- Improved Polish, Czech, Ukrainian, French and Japanese subtitles
- Overall improvements and fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this game
I loved it. Some of it was not so easy and I liked that. There were some things I could have done without. Some of the dialogue was a bit long winded and I think you should have the option to skip although I know some parts gave clues. All in all a great game, great graphics, and no real ticks or issues in the game. Cant wait to see what else this team of gamers come up with.
Game holds interest. Had no glitches or chashes. Puzzles are, for the most part, logical. Has 2 possible endings. Played on a Macbook pro 16inch.
Unplayable in current version
Maybe it's just the current version of the game, but it is nearly impossible to play. Clicking on various locations or objects causes a glitch that sends you wandering off in the opposite direction. Even when your character does move where you actually want them to go , the controls are rather clunky. Hopeful that updates will arive soon to fix these bugs.
- Headup GmbH
- 2.3 GB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Czech, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Trüberbrook is developed by btf and published by Headup GmbH. Copyright © 2019 btf GmbH.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.