Truecaller: The ultimate communication app you must have
With Truecaller, you can identify and block spam calls or SMS, and search for unknown numbers with ease. Leveraging a community-based spam list from over 350 million users and offering a range of thoughtfully designed features, Truecaller ensures the safety and security of your communication like no other app.
Truecaller Assistant: The Only Call Screening Solution Available on iOS Devices (US, CA, AU, CL and ZA )
- It uses machine learning and speech-to-text technology to ask questions to the caller, helping you find out who they are and the reason for the call.
- Save time and enhance spam detection with the AI-powered Assistant that answers your calls.
- Assistant performs live call screening, providing real-time information about the caller (personal, spam, robocall, etc), enabling you to make informed decisions.
Call Recording (US, CA, AU, CL and ZA )
- Effortlessly Recording: Record both incoming and outgoing calls within your app.
- Never Miss Important Details: Focus on engaging with the caller while capturing every important detail by using the feature.
- Avoid Misunderstandings: Stay focused on the conversation without the need for notes, and easily review details later to avoid confusion.
- Save Time and Increase Productivity: Instead of taking notes during your calls, rely on call recordings to remember important information, saving you time and making you more productive.
- Call Recorder: Easily record both incoming and outgoing calls for future reference and convenience.
Spot annoying Spam Calls & Messages
- Automatically identify spam, fraud, and robocalls before you pick up.
- Use Live Caller ID to identify unknown calls.
- Block unwanted callers and SMS.
- Take advantage of the best spam call blocker for iPhone.
- Enable spam identification and blocking by accessing Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification.
Identify the Names of any Caller
- Enter any number to look up the name and other contact information. This feature works for both domestic and international numbers.
- Look up phone numbers directly from your iPhone's call history using the Share extension (Call Log > select Share Contact > Search Truecaller)
Truecaller Premium: Upgrade and level up your app experience
- Remove all ads.
- Know who viewed your profile.
- Get the Premium badge on your profile.
- Auto-renewing subscription ($1.99 monthly / $17.99 yearly - price varies by country).
Truecaller respects your right to privacy. Your phonebook is never made searchable or public.
- Email: email@example.com
- FAQ: http://truecaller.com/faq
(Please note: Payment for auto-renewing subscription to Truecaller Premium will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase. Subscription can be managed and auto-renewal can be turned off by going to the Account Settings on your device. To avoid renewal, you must cancel at least 24 hours before your subscription ends. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.)
We’ve refreshed! We are thrilled to introduce our new app icon and a refreshed design language.
We regularly update our app to fix bugs, improve performance and add new features.
Note: To enable Caller ID, please turn on all switches under your iPhone Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification.
Ratings and Reviews
Blocks spam, but not if they’re collection agencies!
I got this app, TrueCaller, and its only works part of the time. Understanding there are constantly new numbers added to the spam list, I expect to update the app database daily. Not that big of a deal. The problem is, it clearly identifies a spam caller, but still allows some through. I have found it blocks legitimate spam calls as I recently put my resume online and immediately began getting spam calls. I bought the new iPhone X 256GB, but neglected to turn the blocking options on in settings. Once that was done, no more spam calls... or so I thought. The calls I was receiving, promising job opportunities, required me to sign up for more school. Holding two bachelors and a masters degrees, I politely told the first few I had no interest in school and explained my education level. If you refuse their persistence in signing up for school, they rudely say they can’t help. Truecaller stopped these. However, while clearly marked in red a call is spam and you answer, you will find they let collection agency calls through. I’ve had my number for 10 years now and still get collection calls for someone I don’t know! I haven’t found any better app out there, though, so the collection calls will have to manually be rejected.
I’ve had Trucaller for quite a while now and can vouch for how well it works. As long as it’s setup properly, you will see a sharp drop in spam calls a majority of the time. If you’re a premium user, the virtual assistant does its job well with screening calls.
That said, the latest updates have brought honestly useless notifications to my phone. “Check out our new look.” The first time I saw that, I thought “ok, cool, new look, new features.” After seeing the same notification and other similar ones since said update, I’m starting to get annoyed. Your app/service is supposed to cut down on spam and distractions, not create them. Give us as users an option to disable these notifications or take them out entirely. Until then, knocking my rating from five stars down to four.
Good app, annoying spam
Quirky but helpful
I need my phone for my small business however, I receive constant spoofed calls to the tune of over 30 per day. In combination with Truecaller, I use my carrier’s app to block known spam calls. Neither my carrier’s app or Truecaller blocks spoofed calls.
This is where the Truecaller digital assistant steps in. It is amazing to ignore spoofed calls knowing the digital assistant will connect important calls. The customizable message is professional and real-time integration with callers is helpful. The assistant doesn’t come without quirks however. I constantly receive calls answered by the assistant that bring up a notification in the app but don’t push through to the assistant tab. When that happens, the app brings up push notifications that won’t clear. I have to continually delete the app, reinstall the app, and set everything up again just to clear notifications of conversation recordings (usually hangups) that aren’t pushing to the assistant tab. When addressing this with Truecaller support, they closed the ticket without a solution.
After offering support or resolving app quirks, I would gladly rate 5 stars.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- True Software Scandinavia AB
- 199.1 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © True Software Scandinavia AB
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium $4.49
- Yearly Premium $29.99
- Renewable Assistant Monthly $4.99
- Renewable Connect Monthly $3.99
- Renewable Ad Free Monthly $0.99
- Renewable Connect Yearly $39.99
- Renewable Ad Free Yearly $9.99
- Monthly Premium Silver $9.99
- Renewable Assistant Yearly $49.99
- Premium Gold $249.99