UMass BusTrack will help you to catch a bus at UMass Amherst! It provides the full PVTA schedule. Moreover, it shows where the busses are in real-time!
This app also provides the PDFs of the schedules, so you have them all with you right in your pocket!
To make this app even more Awesome - it is for FREE!
UMass BusTrack App is a result of a research study with Prof. Arun Venkataramani at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
List of Awesome features:
• REAL-TIME BUS TRACKING!! See all busses on the map!
• Complete OFFLINE PVTA schedule, no internet necessary
• Today Widget
• Apple Watch App
• See all bus stops near you
• Get the schedule of any bus stop
• Search and save stops as favourites
• See routes and all stops on a bus trip
• Get the schedule of complete Routes
• See which stop is coming next and the arrival time
• Set Alarms, that remind you before the Bus should arrive
• Schedules as PDFs can be downloaded in the app
Subscribe to Premium Features to enjoy even more features:
• No Ads
• Directions to stops or places (provided by Google)
• Real-Time schedule data in the Today Widget
• Real-Time schedule data on the Apple Watch
• More stop times on the Apple Watch
Data is provided by PVTA.
This app is not an official PVTA app!
'Premium Features' subscription is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Your Account will be charged the same price for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription's one-year period. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription.
You can manage your subscriptions or cancel auto-renewal at any time in your Account Settings in the App Store.
Terms of Service: https://umassbustrack.com/tos.php
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Small "quality-of-life" improvements
- Bus overlay shows more details, such as compass and distance to the bus, current heading of the bus, etc. and a button to relocate the bus on the map
- Bus overlay also updates itself if new data for that bus comes in
- Fixed background colors at multiple places
- New option in Settings to disable transparency on overlays, which will make them solid. Good for dark mode on OLED displays (true black).
- Fixed setting for Stops times ordered by Time or Route, which switched to Route on launch on its own
- Many performance issues fixed
- The menu overlay does not go over the statusbar anymore
If you like this app, please rate it. It means a lot to me and high reviews keep me motivated to work on new features and fix stupid bugs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app usually but keeps crashing with the new iPhone iOS update. Also maybe the ad permissions don’t work? Because when an ad pops up and tries to take me to a site and I click cancel it opens the site anyways.
Have no clue when buses are coming
The new update has made it so difficult just to see what time the bus is going to get to stops. I’ll check the night before and set an alarm but the time is constantly changing. I’m not understanding at all when the bus is coming, just a constant fear that I’ve either missed it or it’s extremely late. Had to wait for 10+ minutes for buses today so I’m super frustrated.
I’ll literally check the time before I head out and check it again when I reach my bus stop (a 2min walk) and it’ll be different... 1:51 becomes 1:45 and I’m left stressing over if I need a ride while I wait for the bus. Please bring back original version while new one is being worked on, I can barely rely on bus for transportation like this...
Developer Response ,
Please update the app to 2019.3. It will display times the old way. I'm sorry for the inconvenience it caused you and thanks for your feedback!
Where is the 35 Orchard Hill via Butterfield Hall
This update is no good. I’ll click on map and it’ll give me the 35 MC via Southwest with how many minutes late it is, but it says nothing about the 35 OH via Butterfield. Also the GPS is wicked wonky and will say things like walk 9 min or walk 1 min and then 8 min even thought it’s a 14 min walk. Since it doesn’t display the 35 OH route it’s another few clicks to get the route up so I can see when the next bus is coming. Also the premium version? I’m paying 30k a year and there’s a premium version of the bus app?? That doesn’t add up. Why does the paid version exist?
- Goerkem Gueclue
- 69.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Görkem Güclü
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features $3.99
- Premium yearly subscription $3.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.