Say hello to our redesigned United app.
With our everchanging environment and the need more than ever to empower our customers with more ability to self-serve and stay informed, we’ve worked to enhance our United app to deliver information more consistently, timelier and easier than before for all users – all while keeping many of the same features you know and love.
The app is your all-in-one travel partner
- Our redesigned app will now deliver information you need more consistently than ever before with improved navigation for a more seamless experience. The design updates also serve as a complement to our enhanced accessibility support for screen readers.
- During your trip, our app home screen gives you quick access to important details by opening to the most useful and relevant information, for all users whether you’re signed in or not. When it’s time to travel, check in for your flights on the home screen and view real-time updates. See what amenities are on your flights and your position on the upgrade and standby lists. While at the airport, explore interactive airport maps to find a United Club location near you and stay up to date on your flight status through our push notifications delivered directly to your inbox.
Manage your MileagePlus® account
- Enroll in MileagePlus and check out our newly envisioned “My account” experience. You can also earn miles with MileagePlus programs and use these miles to book award travel on the app, too.
Search for flights and book travel
- Look for flights across our global network. When you find one that’s right, book it on the app using money, award miles or even your electronic travel certificates.
Easily manage your reservations on the app
- View and change your seat assignments, or enhance your trips by adding Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access®, United Club℠ passes, travel bundles and more. You can also change, cancel or rebook your flights right on the app, all through the “My trips” section.
Continue using the app in the air
- With United Private Screening on select flights, watch TV shows and movies on your own device. Plus, track the status of your checked bags and see which gate you’ll arrive to once you land.
- Use our Travel-Ready Center to navigate everything needed for travel. Learn about COVID-19 travel requirements and upload the necessary test results, vaccine documentation, and destination entry forms. It even integrates with Apple Health, allowing you to seamlessly provide your proof of vaccination.
- Message our contact center directly through the Contact Us section in the app.
You asked and here it is! We’ve now added the ability to view, add and edit your vaccine in your MileagePlus account.
Ratings and Reviews
United customer service
Rick Clifton, the United Airlines gate person at gate A11 at the Seattle Washington airport, was spectacular in his service to us. Alaska Airlines had cancelled our flight and rebooked us with United Airlines on flight 529. We did not know where to go, much less how to get checked in. We were surely set up for a bad experience! But, then we met United Airlines person Rick Clifton. He not only helped us get checked in and made sure our luggage got transferred, but about two hours later Rick came and found us, as we were spending the night at the terminal loading gate A11 area and gave us our boarding passes. Rick truly went out of his way to make sure we were taken care of!! I am so thankful to him and to United Airlines!! We don’t fly very often and only flew on Alaskan Airlines due to the cruise line booked this flight and we had no choice. Trust me when I say, if I get to choose who I fly with, it will only be with United Airlines!! They truly are the friendly skies and folks like Rick Clifton go out of their way to make it so!! I can’t say enough how happy we are to have met Rick Clifton, as he turn a cancelled flight experience, which could have been a major
negative, into not only a tolerable experience, but actually a positive experience!!
If you have to fly, United Airlines is the only way to go!!
Flight UA 1663
The management of this flight Ignored my concerns regarding the extreme delay and missing my connecting flight! Hundreds of Passengers were stuck in the Denver airport! After a two and half hour wait in line the UA agent continued to tell me that the situation was my fault!!! They tried to reroute my trip but I received the text messages after two flights had departed and then was told I had to wait for the next day at 9pm. While standing in line they passed out cards for online service, which told me they could not find a flight and could not help me I asked to speak to a manager after the UA agent ignored my request and booked me for the 9pm flight the next day The first comment the manager made was I’m union I can not accommodate you! He wanted me to get in line again, I refused. I called my husband His travel agent was able to get a flight out earlier. They gave 2 $10 food vouchers which at this point everything was closed and $20 will barely cover snacks at the airport! A very cheap old hotel accommodations that I waited another half an hour in the -2% weather Still wondering where my suitcase is?
App Devs - Hope you read
I dislike leaving a “review” when I really need to submit a product complaint, but United leaves me no other obvious choice to submit feedback about the app. Overall, it’s a great app. But now that you must put in your card information into the app in order to make purchases on board, there’s a problem. I am NOT going to verify my card every time I check in for a flight. That’s just stupid. I do it once, and that should be it. I take at least two flights a week on United. So at least twice a week I’m being asked to verify a card that I verified less than 4 days ago. You may say that “we need to verify the card is still in your possession” or some other reason. Sorry. But that’s your problem. If you require us to use the app instead of presenting a card, then there are certain risks you accept. Sure. Some guy that flys once a year? Make him verify the card. Your Platinums? Stop hassling us. It’s easier for me to skip on board purchases than to have to go through a verification every time I check in. Especially since I have to click all the extra boxes now because some people are too stupid to know to not fly if they have Covid and that they have to wear a mask. I hate the dumbing down of America to its lowest common denominator. So ease up on the card verification or go back to taking cards in flight.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- United Air Lines
- 406.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 United Airlines Holdings, Inc
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.