Siskin IM is a lightweight, powerful XMPP client developed by Tigase, Inc. It provides an easy way to start using the XMPP Protocol (formerly known as Jabber) if you've never used it before. Veterans of the protocol will find many features here they are familiar with along with enhancements to reduce data use and extend battery life.
- Control multiple accounts from a single application and sign into all your XMPP accounts at once.
- Message Archive supported: Access chat history from the server.
- Support for joining and creating chatrooms for multi-party collaboration.
- Automated status management; no need to change status every time you put your phone down.
- In band registration; Sign into and create a new account on your favorite XMPP/jabber server!
- Push Notifications: Never miss another message.
- Photos and other files easy sharing in private chats and in group chats, even with people using different XMPP clients.
- Vcard support: robust user profiles.
- VoIP: You can call your friends.
Welcome to XMPP: Welcome to Siskin IM!
Improved support for OMEMO
Ratings and Reviews
Currently the best XMPP client on iOS
This is currently the only actually useable XMPP OMEMO client on iOS. The only real competitor to this app on iOS would be ChatSecure. I prefer ChatSecure’s UI, but chat secure crashes too much to be usable. Siskin gets points for actually being stable and usable, which is apparently too high of a bar for most of the others to reach. Siskin at least actually works.
Not perfect, but the best you’ll find by far. Needs a little work for OMEMO, but it seems to work. Would be nice to have omemo for uploads (and automatically scale down images) and to fix issues with OMEMO messages being displayed for different keys (or something) on refresh / reload. But otherwise very promising!
Most functional XMPP client on iOS I’ve found
Coming from Android’s Conversations app, I was sadly disappointed by the state of XMPP clients on iOS. I gave ChatSecure a try for a while, and it worked okay, but I had a bunch of issues with the UI freezing and duplicate messages with certain archiving configurations on the server side.
This app is smooth, works well, is open source, and although it’s still not as feature complete as Conversations on Android the developers are making regular improvements and it’s very usable. I’m looking forward to future developments and my only complaint is there’s no way that I can find to give the developers money for their great work.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tigase, Inc.
- 31.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Tigase, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.