Featured in “New Apps We Love” by Apple and well known from Huffington Post, Manchester Evening News and PETA. Discover the best plant-based venues in your area with vanilla bean! Stay fit and healthy wherever you are!
Find unique health- and sustainability-related information about every venue. Is it vegan? Is it local, fair-trade and organic, or raw, lactose- and gluten-free? vanilla bean offers the widest selection of UK, Irish, US, and German locations for anyone who eats consciously but does not want to miss out on anything.
Whether you are in the United Kingdom or Ireland, in London or Manchester, Glasgow, Cardiff, Dublin or Belfast—vanilla bean knows which places will make you happy: Anything from gourmet venues to snack bars, from Chinese raw food temples in secret side alleys to this amazing Italian place where handmade gluten-free Bruschetta is soaked in olive oil.
If you are travelling in the USA, Germany, Austria, Switzerland or France—vanilla bean has you covered, too. The guide includes cities like New York, L.A., Paris, Berlin, Hamburg, Vienna or Zurich.
With self-explanatory indicators for each restaurant, you can immediately spot what each location has to offer. The chosen photos and detailed descriptions, including reviews from the community, will help you decide which restaurant to visit.
Information such as addresses, opening times, and telephone numbers are constantly reviewed.
• Have you spotted a vegan-friendly restaurant that is not yet in the app? You can suggest a new venue in less than 20 seconds. Thanks to automatic suggestions of places around you, sometimes you even don’t have to type a word.
• Filter according to your criteria and to price categories. For example, let vanilla bean show you only completely vegan venues with gluten-free options using organic ingredients.
• Through the map, you can easily find all the green location highlights in your city. You can tell at first glance which places offer completely vegan options, where one can find vegetarian options and where meat dishes are served.
• Your opinion, your personal experience counts: add your personal review and photos of the venue or the menu. If you like, you can share your newly discovered places with others on Facebook.
• Search for postcodes, places, and specific locations, or discover restaurants with mouthwatering treats near you.
• You can find a wide range of information about all the entries. Photos, in-depth descriptions, restaurant indicators, directions and comfortable calls directly from the app. In addition, you can find links to the restaurant website and Facebook page.
• All the information is regularly reviewed. Should you still find any obscurities, then please feel free to send us feedback directly via a restaurant’s app entry. We will make the adjustment as soon as possible.
vanilla bean is an app for vegans, vegetarians, and flexitarians. Whatever your motivation—health, climate change, compassion for animals—switching to plant-based meals is a healthier, more sustainable way of living. And with vanilla bean, it’s also easy and delish.
FEEDBACK AND SUPPORT
Would you like to support the release of vanilla bean in other countries or add more restaurants? If so, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. A service like vanilla bean would not be possible without the great work of our voluntary helpers.
We are constantly developing vanilla bean further. That is why we look forward to hearing from you. Nobody is perfect. However, we are working hard so that we can offer you the best possible service. You can get in touch with us directly at email@example.com. We try our best to respond to every message as expeditiously as possible. We hope you enjoy your plant-based meal and have a great experience with vanilla bean!
• Added email authorization handling via our URL scheme as a fallback when universal links do not work
• Added validation of email address in last step in the add venue flow
• Fixed a bug where the size a a gallery image depended on the width and height of the device
Thank you for all your feedback and for letting us know about your new vegan venue discoveries!
Leave us a kind review if you would like to support the app. We will love you forever!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app seems to be a rip off of HappyCow, but it has no user reviews, photos or any of the vibrancy from happy cow. I’ll stick with Happy Cow to keep the vegan community strong, keep all the restaurant and food information fresh and consolidated in the place where they exist now. The price of the Happy Cow app is tiny compared to the value it provides and it’s less than what I tip a great waiter at a restaurant anyway. I wish I could give more to happy cow for all the great meals it’s provided me and my family.
I wish vanilla bean would focus on the unmet needs of the community instead.... there are so many! It must be so hard to come to work everyday to work on someone else’s idea, and to live in the shadow of another app that works well and has served the vegan community since for 20 years. In my experience it’s much more fun and gratifying to work on original ideas and to be innovative, creative and ground-breaking. Investors almost never make money from investing in copy cats, and creators almost never get satisfaction from replication.
As someone who’s been In the restaurant business I am amazed at how many people use happycow across the world and how many millions of Happy Cow stickers are on the windows of local businesses across the world. I can never see that vibrant network being recreated by Vanilla Bean unfortunately... there’s no community in the app either.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review, TV Viking. As with everything in the world, there’s not only one option for one thing. There’s not only one newspaper, not only one kind of potato and not only one mobile device. And we think that’s great because people are different and have different tastes and priorities. At vanilla bean, we offer our service for free and with different filters to find organic, local, gluten-free and raw food. New reviews and photos come in daily thanks to the great community. We would love you to give us a second try. If HappyCow works better for you, of course that’s fine too!
Compared to other apps like HappyCow, this is by far my favorite vegan restaurant app. This app is so easy to navigate! I also like how it shows places where items can be altered in order to be vegan-friendly. Every restaurant has little icons to show whether it’s vegan and vegetarian-friendly, has gluten-free dishes, serves raw food and fair-trade ingredients, and many other things. This app is a must have for people with specialty diets!! And it’s free😱
Best app for vegans
When you google “vegan food near me” you what appears is literally just any restaurant near you, vegan or not. This app is nothing short of brilliant, it will sort out what’s vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, organic etc, and a detailed description of each restaurant and will even go on to break down what vegan options you may find there. Where has this app been my entire life????
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your review, SopheAnn. It made our day here at vanilla bean!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.