Verto Studio 3D is an innovative, fully-functional 3D modeling and graphics studio designed to rival desktop studio programs. It strives to push the boundaries of what is capable on an iPad and from the users that use it.
The software is designed for all ranges of users, from professional 3D modelers, game developers, to beginners looking to get their feet wet in 3D content generation. Use it to build quick 3D mockups or fully functional environments for mobile applications. Verto Studio is an ideal solution for mobile 3D content generation because it bridges the gap between design and mobile testing. It supports importing, exporting, viewing and editing 3D models of any size. Use the built-in shaders or the GLSL shader editor to create your own shader effects with absolute precision.
With use of the "auto tool", the user can intuitively gesture using taps, swipes, pinches and twirls to quickly alter the scene as they see fit.
Verto Studio 2.0 has a completely overhauled graphics engine and shader system rewritten from the ground up!
Verto Studio includes the following features:
- Built-in shaders including reflection/refraction environment mapping, BRDF, bump-mapping and more!
- Built-in glsl shader-editor.
- Render pipeline editor for multipass & post-processing effects with built-in blending operators
- Editing transform handles for translate/rotate/scale tools
- Instances (duplicate many, edit once)
- File import/export (DAE, OBJ, STL, .X, 3DS) and more!
- Verto Studio file format support and exchange via email
- Dropbox import of Verto Studio and OBJ files
- Mesh generation using quads and triangular faces
- Image rendering support
-- 3D Text complete with font selection and built-extrusion.
-- 3D shapes with built-in shape editor and SVG importer.
-- Terrain generator (height field)
-- 3D Sketch tool
-- Skybox type
-- Cubemap renderer type to live-generate environment maps.
- 64-bit support
- Mesh Augmentation
-- Polygon extrusion
-- Polygon subdivision
-- Copy and paste between scene documents
-- Texture coordinate editor
- Editing features
-- Vertex Translation/Rotation/Scaling
-- Material editor
--- Semi-transparency support.
-- Texture mapping
-- Texture coordinate editing
-- Laplacian smooth
-- Mesh separation
-- Polycount Reduction
-- CSG (Union, Intersect, Subtract)
-- Snap to Grid, Face, Edge, Vertex
-- Camera to texture (ipad 2)
-- Lighting editor
- Multiple camera modes (top, bottom, left, right, front, back, free)
- Simultaneous camera view with 4-view split screen.
- Orthographic projection mode for engineering and CAD applications
- Advanced camera controls for FOV angle and near and far plane manipulation
- "Fly through" mode. Fly through the scene in full screen using FPS-game-style controls.
-- Gyro motion view. In "fly through mode", tap the gyro button to use your iPad as a virtual window into the scene, changing the vantage point as you hold the iPad a different angles.
- Fully supports the retina display of the new iPad for maximized screen real-estate usage.
- New built-in cubemaps (preset environment maps)
- minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I found everything I needed to complete my project with this app. Great features meet excellent ease of use. Exporting a transparent render was the cherry on the top.
Great 3D app
This 3D app CAN import my Lightwave models (files)!
It has very nice tools and adjustments, and can place textures (skins) on to your models.
Only wish it had Transparent map capability, and also casting shadows from the lights.
But other than that, a wonderful app.
Waste of time.
Unless the app has a major feature overhaul it by far a waste of time and money. You can’t build anything. Only able to edit face and vertex but not edges and can’t add any new points to build onto. Also has no modifiers.
- Verto Studio LLC
- 58.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Verto Studio LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.