VidBitCalc is the all-in-one app for video encoding calculations.
Whether you work as a professional compressionist or convert your videos for YouTube or Instagram, you will use VidBitCalc every day.
- the Bit Budget Calculator: enter the available disc space, the video duration, and the audio bitrate to calculate the appropriate video bit rate
- the File Size Calculator: enter the duration and bitrates of your video to calculate the resulting file size
- the Resolution Calculator: enter the aspect ratio of your video and the desired width or height to calculate the proper resolution
- the Traffic Calculator: enter the duration, bitrates, and viewers of your stream to calculate the needed bandwidth and resulting traffic
- the unique BPP Calculator uses bits per pixel to help you find the optimal bitrate for your video.*
* For web video encoded with modern codecs a bits per pixel value of around 0.1 should result in reasonable quality. For DVD-Video or Blu-ray, a bits per pixel value above 0.4 is common.
- Instagram presets added to the Resolution Calculator
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Important and versatile calculator for Compressionists
Absolutely important and useful app for anyone who does compression for any purpose. The ability to entire the variables so one can target a bitrate, file size, pixel resolution and bits per pixel makes this an all in one versatile utility. I can now do my compression on my desktop and just open my iPhone or iPad to figure out what I need to enter to hit my compression target.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.