Watch any web video or camera-roll video on your Roku and enjoy the show on your big screen with the no#1 web video streamer.
With Video & TV Cast for Roku you can browse the web and stream any web video or online TV show on your Roku. Mp4, m3u8, hls livestreams, video over https and of course Full HD are supported.
Just open Video & TV Cast, navigate to a website, wait for link detection and send the video with a single tap to your Roku. The discovered link will be shown below the browser. A tap on the video link will start the show.
* COMPATIBILITY: Please test your favorite videos with the free app edition before upgrading! Compatibility may depend on your Roku device and firmware.
* iTunes movies, Flash video and DRM protected videos like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, DirecTV, Xfinity, HBO now are not supported!
* The app streams only the video part of a website and not the whole website content (No screen or tab mirroring!).
* Sometimes it is necessary to play the video on your iPad or iPhone first before it gets discovered by the app for streaming.
* If a specific video does not cast, please check our FAQ. If that does not help, please give us a chance to help you by dropping a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org instead of leaving a negative comment on the App Store. We will try to add support for your video as soon as possible.
>>> PRO FEATURES
* Remote: Control your Roku straight from your iPhone or iPad. The remote works independed from video streaming and you can use it with other Roku channels as well.
* Personal Media: Cast unlimited personal photos, videos and music directly from your device or from cloud services like iCloud and Dropbox.
* Ad-Blocker + No Sponsoring Ads: The Pro app version has no ads and the Ad-Blocker blocks ads & popups on most websites that you visit. You can enable/disable it at any time in the settings.
* Bookmarks: Add and manage as many bookmarks as you want, either in the bookmarks menu or directly in the browser.
* Desktop Mode: Change the browser user-agent and cloak your iPhone/iPad as a desktop PC to load the desktop website instead of a mobile website. Please note that this will NOT enable video casting on websites that serve Flash videos in desktop mode.
* Change Homepage: After purchasing this you can set your personal homepage in the settings.
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with Roku or one of its products or any other trademark mentioned here.
- Bug fixes
Please rate us on the App Store == It‘s very quick and will help us improve this app to provide you with better features and services.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Amazing - A must have for streaming videos
I love this app along with the chromecast sister app. (I bought the collection of them) - this app is so awesome. It makes streaming videos from websites who don’t have the chromecast button possible and on more than just a chromecast. So far I have not a single problem with it. I highly recommend getting the full app so you can get the bookmarks and Adblocking, it’s worth it. Also I’ve seen people complain about it automatically connecting to the wrong device and it kicks people off what they were streaming. This is easily fixed by disabling auto-connect in the settings of the app. It’s a non-issue really. Highly recommend this app and it’s family of apps.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking time to review our app. We are glad that you like our app.
I use this with my Roku express and it works great about 90% of the time the first time. The other 10%, the webpage typically needs to be reloaded and it then will work. The best part is once the video is loaded, I can then use the physical roku remote or the remote tab in the app to control the video. I purchased the bundle Incase I am on vacation and there is something I don’t own that is in the bundle. For how much I use it, it is worth it! Certain sites work better than others and it’s important to be patient and let the video load first if the app cannot find it. I usually start in Safari then share to the TV cast app so I can retain my watch history.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for taking time to review our app and for the detailed feedback including solutions for common pitfalls. We really appreciate it and are glad that you like our app.
To take advantage of our support, please write us via e-mail (email@example.com). We'd love to hear from you.
Least amount of hassle especially for Roku
I did’t have to load anything on the Roku side, just on the mobile device.
Very easy to use. Ad blocker worth the extra $. I use it for surfing sites with too many adds, not just to stream or watch videos. A queue would be nice but not even close to a breaker. I have to set it not to automatically load because we have 4 Roku units...unless, for some reason, I’d want to interrupt someone else’s viewing experience.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking time to review our app. We are glad that you like our app. We added your feature requests to our feature request list. We will probably add this feature in the future. Please stay tuned.
- Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- 51.7 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2kit consulting
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.