With more than 16,000 followers, Virginia Wine in My Pocket is the most popular guide for travelers in Virginia Wine Country. Whether you’re looking for a day-trip with friends, a romantic weekend, a week-long wine adventure, or a quick stop as you’re passing through, the app - and VirginiaWineInMyPocket.com - will help you find your way. Virginia Wine in My Pocket was created by Virginia travel writers/photographers Rick Collier and Nancy Bauer, who've spent nearly two decades following the growth of Virginia's wine country, from a 65-winery footnote to a global rising star with 250+ wineries, international acclaim, and a multi-million dollar travel industry. In the app you'll find descriptions, photos, maps, opening hours and more for:
• Every open-to-the-public winery in Virginia (and several appointment-only wineries)
• Wineries with on-site dining and lodging
• Every cidery and meadery, plus featured breweries and distilleries
• Recommended lodging, dining, wine tours and activities
You'll be able to:
• Search for what's important to you: pet friendly, kid friendly, no smoking, wheelchair accessible, and more
• Write and store personal tasting and visit notes
• Read - and leave your own - winery reviews
• Check off wineries you've visited, and track those you'll visit next
You'll also find Events, Itineraries, Trails, and Featured Destinations to add to your travel list.
Virginia Wine in My Pocket is the ultimate guide for discovering the best of Virginia.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Stability improvements for a better user experience
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app is my lifeline
My husband and I love traveling VA and going to wineries. This app allows us to track where we’ve been, where we want to go, what’s close by, and notes of it all. I LOVE this app.
We just discovered this app after spending our wedding anniversary at Little Washington Winery. We stopped by Grey Ghost, Narmada and hoped to visit Old House or the new Wilderness winery on our way home to Fredericksburg but weren't sure what time they closed. We are huge Virginia wine fans and used to keep a faded copy of the Virginia wine map in the glove compartment. Gone are those days, thanks to this app! My husband has experienced a few hiccups on his HTC1 but my iPhone does not hesitate while setting up filters and accessing additional links outside the app. Great job! Can't wait to use the new updated app👍😎🍷💆
So much potential, so awful
Despite trying to log on using my FaceBook account and resetting my password, the results are always the same ...credentials not found. So forget it.
- En Route Communication LLC
- 35.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Nancy Bauer & Rick Collier
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.