Your fleet of inshore yachts includes ultra-fast foiling catamarans, dinghies or cutting-edge monohulls. The short format of racing is identical to the one used for real life competitions, such as the America’s Cup and the Star Sailors League, with a unique virtual umpire who applies the official rules of sailing.
Upgrade your boats with the points earned in each regatta, and compete for the official virtual sailing world champion title, awarded by the World Sailing Association.
Virtual Regatta Inshore: the best online sailing simulation since Virtual Skipper!
THE VIRTUAL REGATTA COMMUNITY
When sailing with Virtual Regatta, you become part of the world’s largest sailing community with more than one million active players.
Sail against the best: Virtual Regatta games are recognized by the greatest international skippers!
The largest virtual races bring together hundreds of thousands players: Vendee Globe, Volvo Ocean Race, America’s Cup, Star Sailors League, Transat Jacques Vabre, Route du Rhum, Barcolana, Cowes Week, Sydney Hobart, Fastnet, Tour de France à la voile, Spi Ouest France, Giraglia, Key West Race Week, Extreme Sailing Series, RC44
The latest version of Virtual Regatta Inshore will offer you a new type of game called "Pro Racers".
The boat F50 has been optimized: the display of the distances of the "ladder" has been corrected and the sound of the boat has been modified for more realism!
Now free helps depend on your level. Beginners will receive more help!
The Marina icon has a new design!
Ratings and Reviews
Good could be great
Steering isn't an issue, it strikes a good balance between big and small adjustments, that said, Star boats are really responsive - much more so than in this game.
- It would be good to post the rules this game follows b/c it breaks many and enforces others which is fine, just post the rules - better yet plug in IYRA rules and we all might learn something.
- Big thing: Star boats (and any boat really) will accelerate as you crack off the wind, it should be so in this game, the boat speed should dramatically accelerate as you round up from DDW. Close hauled and dead down wind are in reality the slowest points of sail, not reflected in the game, at all.
- Star boats on a downwind leg flop the mast forward and fly a jib pole to weather, wing on wing.
- Star boats downwind hike to weather flying the mainsail high in the air, nearly dragging the jib's whisker pole at times. - - Make the Committee Boat point into the wind FFS - it's easy, right? Would be good.
- Wait times are brutal - how bout 5 boat races?
-Somehow I missed the Excellence Cup and I cannot progress from the Star boats - is it just me???
Anyway great game, make my changes and it will be awesome. C'mon, do it.
Great game mechanics.
This is an excellent game for experienced and new sailing fans. A game that really captures the important aspects of racing.
I only wish that there were more monohull regattas taking place. The Nacra, or any catamaran races, are not worth taking part in. They move too fast and the game or the user will not be able to keep up. This affects the rules as well and can be very frustrating.
A feature to report players would be helpful. Some people use the rules to take stationary boats out right before the start, ruining their race. This is not accurate or fair to players.
The rules are pretty well done, and the wind dynamics make the game very interesting. The addition of some new boats like FJs could really encourage younger college sailors to use this game.
Needs some help, but great game
First of all, thank you for making a sailing game. It's a bunch of fun
1. More possible control layouts
including left hand.
2. Better penalty system. It doesn't recognize proper room on marks and just overall "room" in general. Once you have penalized someone you are still subject to someone penalizing you. You need to implement more the rule book.
3. More boats, cuz why not.
4. Practice in any of the boats. Not just the star.
5. Better system for ducking someone. It's too clumsy currently.
6. Steering controls. 1 tap 1 degrees good but when you are holding it down, a counter should appear with how much you have headed up or down.
7. LAN would be nice. 1v1 your friend on the same wifi would be awesome. (Or over Bluetooth)
8. More possible courses.
(COOL FUTURE STUFF)
1. 2 player. 1 person steers, 1 trims.
2. Reenact real courses with real boats. (VOR inshore races, Olympic stuff, etc.
3. More weather conditions, light heavy, currents, big waves small waves, etc.
- Virtual Regatta
- 262.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Virtual Regatta
- In-App Purchases
- Pack 397 credits $1.99
- Pack 1000 credits $4.99
- Pack 2300 credits $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.