1 million players already have their own boat! The application is free! Become a skipper and sail in the biggest offshore races in the world: the Volvo Ocean Race starting from Alicante, the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race, the America’s Cup, the Vendée Globe, the Transat Jacques Vabre to Brazil, the Fastnet Race, the Route du Rhum, the Clipper RTW, and many more. Take on hundreds of thousands of competitors in real time.
HOW TO PLAY:
• Give your boat a name and fit your boat!
• Start the race at the same time as the real skippers on your virtual boat.
• Use the real weather forecast to plan your strategy
• Adapt your sails to the weather conditions
• Adjust your heading according to the weather conditions
• Follow your boat on your smartphone or tablet
• Find the position of other competitors
• Schedule a course change
THE VIRTUAL REGATTA COMMUNITY
By sailing the seas of Virtual Regatta, you are now part of the world's largest sailing community, with more than one million active players.
The biggest virtual races bring together hundreds of thousands of players!
The game is recognized by the world's top international skippers.
Sail with the best!
• VIP membership is a subscription available for a period of 3, 6 or 12 months (autorenewable)
• VIP membership gives access to bonus features ingame
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• In case of subscription cancelation, the package will still be available until the end of the paid period
- VIP design improved
- Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Very Cool, but keep improving!
I have enjoyed the thought process and strategies involved in participating. I like that you can compare yourself to the Volvo Boats, your own club racers, city, state, nation and world. I like showing friends the 3D pics of the boat in action. My class thought I was navigating a real boat in the night view when down under.
The algorithms need a little work. I have seen some boats sail right over islands with no repercussions while I have been set back on shore after clearing islands costing me 2000 places at times. I realize it is all just fun but when you invest some time into your race it is a bummer to be screwed up by a computer glitch.
Still fun to play and it is such a metaphor for life in so many ways.
Realistic Engaging Navigation Simulation
There’s still room for improvement but I really enjoy the game. It makes following the races much more fun because you can really feel the challenges the racers face.
I’m still a newbie but my real world sailing & navigation experience is all relevant so I’m doing ok so far. To be competitive you really need to check in several times per day, and over a two or three week race like the Volvo it takes a commitment.
I don’t have a problem paying a few $ to get the gear I need to be competitive. Somebody needs to pay for all the software development and the servers, otherwise they’d need ads that would be really unpleasant. It is annoying that buying cards with real $ cannot buy the exact cards I need. The random card selection process is out of context for a simulation - when I go to the store for a piece of gear I get what I came for. Rolling the dice to maybe buy stuff I want but probably buy stuff I don’t want is a weakness of the design.
Scoring is absurdly inconsistent
Scoring is impossible, at any given moment you’re +200 or - 200 boats, it’s frustrating and makes tactical decisions next to impossible... please address this.
The Caribbean 600 was a nightmare, the lag was measured in minutes, making a course change well away from land only to come back and have your course change not registered and you’re on the rocks 20 min later is ridiculous- I was notified on screen that I’d finished, then 10 min later and 150 places I get notification I’m aground... then I get notification I’d finished again only this time I’d lost 150+ boats.
To spend the cash on sails/cards etc and be up front only to have software glitches and terrible lag ruin a good effort is frustrating at best. I will be deleting the app. I race for a living, this is what I do in reality. If I performed as poorly as this app, I’d be unemployed. Get your act together!
- Virtual Regatta
- 185.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Virtual Regatta
- In-App Purchases
- Full option pack $13.99
- Pack 1000 credits $4.99
- Full option pack $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.