Wake is a professional networking tool that lets you start up PCs, Macs and Servers remotely. Compatible with all 'Wake On Lan' capable devices, Wake even gives you a status indicator to tell you whether each machine is on or off.
* Wake button sends 'Wake On Lan' magic packet to start up a machine.
* Works over wifi or cellular data network.
* Status indicator glows to tell you whether each machine is on or off.
* Automatically detects your computers for easy setup.
* Shake'n'wake - shake the device to wake all computers!
* Start up a machine remotely, then use VNC or other remote access service to view files.
* Monitor a list of business critical servers.
* Start up a classroom full of PCs from your desk.
For troubleshooting, go to davet.org/wake/support.html
- Updated graphical layout of wake button to fix problem on iPhone SE where 'i' symbol overlapped.
- Made user interaction on wake button more obvious.
Ratings and Reviews
Does the job well
Been using this app for years and it has always done the trick. Thanks!
Good App, responsive Developer
This 99 cent app is very worthwhile, especially when coupled with Teamviewer or a similar remote access program, allowing full control of a pc via an iPhone or iPad when traveling. The app absolutely works, although many users may, like me, have to muddle through establishing Wake on Lan (WoL) on their network interface card and their router and BIOS. Once these things are all set and the PC has a static IP address within the LAN, the app works very well. I can now turn my PC off when I go on a trip, turn it on with my iPhone and/or iPad, access files and peripherals, i.e. external HDD, and then shut it down when I am finished. For a non-technical person like me, this is a big step! Equipment includes a Linksys E3000 router, PC running Windows 7 64-bit and iPhone & iPad.
Poorly Designed and Buggy
Don't bother with this one, total amateur hour stuff here. Clearly not written by an experienced programmer.
- Dave Thompson
- 653.3 KB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Dave Thompson
- In-App Purchases
- Medium/large network AddOn $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.