Since 2017, WatchChat is the fastest and most reliable app that allows you to send and receive WhatsApp messages on your Apple Watch. To offer the widest range of features and up-to-date technology the app has been updated more than 60 times in the past 3 years and we will continue to do so.
You only need to scan a QR code and then you can:
- access all of your WhatsApp chats (and group chats)
- enjoy VOICE MESSAGES (SEND + RECEIVE)
- reply to chats via KEYBOARD, QUICK REPLIES, DICTATION and SCRIBBLE
- use a VARIETY of different KEYBOARD LAYOUTS*
- watch VIDEOS
- see STATUS UPDATES (TEXT, PICTURE, VIDEO)
- view STICKERS and HD PICTURES (and ZOOM into them in native resolution)
- CUSTOMIZE your quick replies
- start a new chat right from the Watch
- set each chat's font size
... all with full respect to your privacy, WatchChat does not collect any personal data.
*The currently supported keyboard layouts are:
- FlickType (English)
- ABC (English, Deutsch, Español, Português, אבגדה, Ελληνικά, Suomi, русский)
- QWERTY (English, Español, Italiano)
- QWERTZ (Deutsch)
- AZERTY (Français)
Setting up the app for the first time only takes 4 simple steps:
- open the app on your Apple Watch
- open WhatsApp
- in WhatsApp, go to (Settings) > (WhatsApp Web/Desktop) > (Scan QR Code)
- scan the QR code that will appear on your Apple Watch after 10-30 seconds
- if a popup comes up, just try again, it will work out eventually :)
As this is a 3rd-party-app, I would really appreciate if you had suggestions for further development so I can take your ideas into consideration. If you encounter issues while using the app, don't hesitate to contact me, I am more than happy to help.
Please keep in mind that, as the app isn’t officially affiliated with WhatsApp, available features and functionality are subject to change. To keep up with everything, the app has been updated more than 70 times since its release in 2017 - I am always looking for ways to offer new features or improve the existing ones.
You can use the app for free forever, but if you want to support the app's further development, the "Support WatchChat Development" subscription CAN be purchased for free users to access the "Contacts" and "Status" sections and will grant access to future additions. After the free trial period, if offered, the subscription automatically renews with the price and duration given in the purchase button unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. YOU CAN MANAGE AND CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTIONS BY GOING TO YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS ON THE APP STORE AFTER PURCHASE. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
As of January, IF you want to sign up for the subscription, the free trial period is 3 days, it is billed annually and the price is about the equivalent of 3 USD.
updated email address
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Must Have App. Great Customer Service!!
So far this is the best app option for connecting WhatsApp to my phone and bridging the gap in communication to my Apple Watch. Had a few glitches as with any app, reached out to the developers and they were surprisingly quick to respond and the problem was solved almost instantly. Excellent communication and Superior Customer Service. Would highly recommend. Continue to improve.
Love the app
Very functional and with my case that I’m on iOS beta 14.5 where I can’t hear vice messages in the phone sometimes but I can hear it in this app . Support has been good and quick to answer my questions . Some issues are ios based and not necessarily the app itself . To be that it’s third party since iOS / WhatsApp has not offered , this does the job
I’ve been using WatchChat for several months. I’ve found it to be extremely functional and reliable. The perfect solution for receiving my messages on the run when my phone is out of reach. It even lets me see photos. I also got a prompt response from the developer when I asked a question. Definitely recommend.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- XAN Software GmbH & Co. KG
- 47.6 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later.
English, Asu (Tanzania), Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2021 XAN Software GmbH & Co. KG
- In-App Purchases
- Support WatchChat Development $2.99
- Promotional Offer $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.