Watchdog for Xcode 4+
If you're a developer using Xcode®, you need Watchdog.
Watchdog monitors Xcode and automatically cleans up stale cache files that prevent you from getting a good build. It will save you hours of aggravation dealing with a number of problems you might see including:
• Old images that you've replaced, still showing up in your app.
• The DerivedData folder growing continuously over time, often taking up 10+ gigabytes of space.
• Constants/Defines not updating in the app after you've changed them in the code.
• Localization file changes not being seen.
• Phantom breakpoints and/or breakpoints stopping on the wrong line.
• Xcode refusing to run a build on your device, only reporting something obscure like: "Error launching remote program: No such file or directory"
You will often clean build, quit Xcode, restart your Mac and devices and sometimes even blow away your entire repo and re-clone, just to try and fix some strange bug that doesn't make sense and won't go away - wasting precious hours.
Don’t waste any more time. Install Watchdog.
Xcode is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
• Minor updates in preparation for our larger 2.0 update coming soon
• Note: 2.0 will be a free update for anyone that has purchased 1.x
Ratings and Reviews
Keeps things running smooth
Great App that keeps deriveddata under control!
Not much to say, it’s a nice small app that stops my projects using old assets and the like.
Much needed! Great!
Derived data was taking up over 10 gigs on my laptop! This recovered it!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cerebral Gardens
- 2.4 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2013-2018 Cerebral Gardens
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.