Petey - AI Chat 9+
Chatbot to Write, Find & Learn
- Offers In-App Purchases
To use Petey on iOS you need a subscription or add your own API key. Petey is the most fun way to interact with the famous GPT model on your devices!
** Featured on TechCrunch, Daring Fireball, iMore, 9to5Mac, BGR, MacRumors & more! **
We are excited to introduce Petey, your Apple Watch & iPhone AI assistant app! With this app, you can now interact with the famous GPT model right from your wrist or on the go.
■ Key Features:
- Interact with the famous GPT model right from your Apple Watch or iPhone
- Create playlists with Apple Music
- View locations on Apple Maps
- Get rich previews of any URL that Petey shares with you
- Continue your conversation thanks to history
- Quickly get answers to your questions or generate longer messages without typing
- Share the outcome of your interaction with others via text, email or social media
- Set the app as a complication for easy access
- Text to Speech, the app will read out the answer to you, so you don't have to read it (Make sure your device is not on silent)
- Multiple prompts, reply to the answers you're receiving
- Change the icon that is shown in the complications
- GPT4 Support (In-App Purchase required)
- Shortcuts support: Open or Ask Petey with a shortcut. This also lets you replace Siri with Petey.
- Add API Key: Now it’s possible to add your own API key; this will give you more control and let you use GPT-4 at your own cost (if your API key allows it). It also lets you opt-out of the Petey for iOS subscriptions.
- Send to Phone: Send an answer from Petey on watchOS to your phone to use in other apps.
iOS only features
- Live Activity: Every time you start talking with Petey, we will start a Live Activity so you can do other things while waiting for a response.
- Share full conversation: Share the full conversation with the press of a button to use in any app that accepts text
- Direct links: When a link is detected, a separate view is presented to open up the mentioned website easily
- Apple Music integration: Connect to Apple Music and create playlists with the help of AI
With Petey, you can easily access a vast source of knowledge and communicate with an intelligent computer in real-time. It's like having an extra personal assistant with you! To make things even easier, you can set Petey as a complication on your watch face or as lock screen widget. This way, you can quickly access the app with just a tap on your watch face.
We hope you enjoy using Petey on your Apple Watch and find it to be a valuable addition to your digital life.
To use Petey, open the app, ask questions, or type in your message. Petey will provide you with a response that you can quickly share with others via text, email or social media.
■ Why do I have to pay extra for GPT4?
The latest version of the famous GPT model comes with a bigger price tag, so unfortunately, I cannot afford to provide it for free and have to charge a bit extra if you want to use that model for now. However, I felt like raising the price or making it mandatory would be unfair. So now you can purchase usage of the newer model as an OPTIONAL upgrade.
■ Good to know:
Petey is based on the famous GPT model and therefore has information up to September 2021. The power of Petey (and GPT in general) is that it's really good at giving you advice or writing long-form texts.
■ Frequently Asked Questions
You can find the FAQ in the "App Support" button below. As always, if you have any feedback or suggestions, please let me know by emailing email@example.com
Terms & Conditions: https://petey.watchgpt.app/terms
■ History & Conversation details
You can now pick up a conversation right where you've left off thanks to history, it even syncs from your watch! In addition to history you'll now be able to see a nice information view for each conversation which will show you all locations, links and how much tokens you've used.
■ Streaming answers and better GPT-4
Petey now streams the answer word-for-word to your device so it feels a lot faster and there won't be any timeout errors anymore. This is a big BIG performance improvement which is especially helpful for GPT-4
■ Other improvements
- New interface icons made by Kevin Anderson (@kevandrsn)
- Faster responses
- Misalignment of the TextField cursor fix
- You can now re-validate your API key (for when you received access to GPT-4 from OpenAI)
- Added Special thanks section in the about view to thank everyone that helped
- Clear indication of which speech bubble is been read
- UI Bug fix
- Added some missing values to bug report diagnostics
- Performance bug fix
- System prompt tweak
- Made sure temperature is not too high
- Translation fixes for Chinese (Simplified)
- Bug fix which prevented you from using GPT-4 on watchOS with an API key
- Fixed a bug where Petey wouldn't read the message on watchOS
- A Conversation title is now generated automatically
- Added missing translations for Chinese (Traditional)
- Restore purchases bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Need better editing capability on Apple Watch
I am enjoying using Petey on my Apple Watch with GPT4. It has provided me with useful information on a wide variety of topics.
One problem I have is with typos in my dictated words. The only way to correct the typo is by backspacing one character at a time from the end of the dictation to the spot where the typo exists. It would be great if there was a way to position the cursor at the spot of the typo, and then be able to edit from that point. I don’t know if this is possible on the Apple Watch, but if it is, it would be a great enhancement.
Nice idea yet needs to fix urgent issues
Issues to fix asap: 1. Direct voice input from both the app and complication (skipping a writing prompt) 2. Click in the complication icon should immediately open a voice input (instead of multi-step process with Ask me button) Less urgent issues: 3. Ability to change a speech voice - current one is not changeable and unbearable 4. Nice looking, Apple Watch style complication icon. All current icons are plain ugly 😀 5. As already mentioned in other reviews, ability to share to Notes (and other apps like WhatsApp) One BIG feature request : to support a Browser plug-in. It’s ok if it will require a little extra payment UPDATE: I changed review to 5 stars because the developer gave quick and detailed response. GPT Watch App is more a toy now (it’s not connected to a personal GPT account so personal information is not protected and prompts are not saved for further use at laptop). But for this affordable price is a nice tool to try GPT4 (who don’t want to pay full paid subscription) and nice to have watch access
Developer Response ,
1. Not possible on watchOS
2. I've tried this but also not possible yet on watchOS
3. I'm exploring alternatives as options are limited
4. Thanks! Could you share some icons you find less ugly as examples to firstname.lastname@example.org as I'm happy to provide more in the future
5. I have no control over what shows up in the share sheet on watchOS
I hope this clears things up as I would love to support most of you feedback but technically is not really possible just yet on Apple Watch
Great app, lots of potential
watchGPT is an interesting Apple Watch app I decided to give a try after reading John Voorhees' review of it in this week's edition of Club MacStories; a great newsletter I strongly encourage you to check out! Having an AI chat bot on my wrist sounds intriguing and after playing around with the app for just a little bit I think I'm going to keep it on my Wayfinder watch face, sub-dial Bottom, for now. I'm already thinking about use cases for it. Right now, I'm thinking it would be a nice companion to have while reading a book. If I have a question, I can ask watchGPT and share the results via a text to myself for further reference. It would be nice however to figure out if I can get watchGPT to work with Drafts as having notes would, at least for me, be preferable to text messages, as it relates to collecting the results of my queries.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Modum B.V.
- 34.5 MB
- Requires iOS 16.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 16.1 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Modum B.V.
- In-App Purchases
- Petey Basic $6.99
- GPT-4 $3.99
- Petey Basic $6.99
- Petey Premium $24.99
- Petey Premium $22.99
- Petey Basic $59.99
- Petey Basic Lifetime $129.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.