Waves in an Internet radio receiver. Quickly play over 60,000 stations*, browse & search by genres, locations and stations names, add lists based on tags and save your favorites. Get infos about music, artists and stations: find the tracks in Apple Music or Spotify, and infos on more than 20 other online services.
Waves is designed to help you discover radios from all over the world.
• Browse the list we have pre-set for you, explore the stations, add new lists based on your stations’ tags, and ultimately get lost in the immensity of what is offered to you.
• Add lists using the keywords of any listed stations, or use the search engine to add list based on the most popular genres. You can also search directly for your preferred station.
• Add stations to your personal list, and browse the Most Listened and Last Listened lists. They're backuped on iCloud, and synchronize in real time accross all devices.
• Get infos about the track you're listening to, in real time: Waves lists tracks to which you're listening, and displays informations about songs and artists from more than 20 different sources on the Internet. Purchase songs on iTunes, Amazon, Play Music, listen to them on Spotify and Apple Music, get insights from Wikipedia, Bandcamp, Instagram, engage with artists on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, visit bands official websites... Waves also connects to a growing lists of services such as Soundcloud, Discog, lastFM, Linkedin, Myspace, Resident Advisor, Tumblr, Vimeo and VK.
• Share a image music card of the track you're listening to, along with a link to an online player so your friends can play a station without having the app.
• Get reactive eyecandies, visuals based on the music you're listening to.
Waves is available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple tv, it's coming soon for Mac.
* Our server approximately reaches and lists 60,000 IceCast and ShoutCast stations. The streams are randomly tested and inactive ones are unlisted. New stations are constantly added.
- app renamed
Ratings and Reviews
Good radio app. Lots of rough edges.
Review based on Apple TV version.
There are hundreds of stations available here, in a wide variety of formats/genres. Sound quality is high, audio bit rate is written above each station. Station info tags are extensive and the ones I checked were accurate. I'm using it now as my main radio player.
Searching produces a "list" of stations, spread horizontally off tne screen. Each station has a pretty, but useless, graphic attached to it, making tne length of the line even longer ... and very difficult to scroll through.
Favorite stations works well, except that it's yet another mile long list. For favorites:
- there needs to be a way to manually move the stations around to organize them,
-there need to be sublists
Biggest problem: IT WON'T TURN OFF. The button my remote won't kill it, and there are no controls on the app. The ipad version has a play/pause button. ATV needs one too.
Visualizer is OK, but pretty simpleminded.
All in all, better than most radio apps, good sound, interface needs work.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for your review. We're working on getting the play/pause button working again on aTV, the problem appear with tvOS 11 release. For now, you can double click the home button on your remote, to select and kill apps... the favorite stations are sorted by usage.. the more used on the left.
Excellent radio app with serious bugs - (Apple TV)
After trying many radio apps for my Apple devices, I settled on Waves. It is a great looking app with excellent sound quality and an endless selection of stations. I would love to give it 5 stars, but there are some serious bugs for the Apple TV version. First, my favorites disappear every three days or so. After three times, I gave up and no longer save my favorites. The app basically resets itself. Second, it does not stop playing when you start another app, like Netflix or itunes. So you have to get back into Waves and manually stop playing. Finally, some stations just stop playing (even though they play on the Iphone). I would be happy to pay for this app when the bugs are taken care of for the Apple TV app. For now,I will continue enjoying the excellent Iphone version of Waves and mirror the sound to Apple TV.
Love it but...
I am using the iPhone 6+ running iOS 11. Love it and use daily although it seems to be a system hogger. The music stream briefly stuffers when using home button to wake phone for instance. Also does same while navigating thru iOS such as opening another app, receiving a text message, etc. My impression is that the iPhone 6+ CPU is slow and outdated. Probably works fine on the newer and faster iPhone. Keep up the good work.
- Aestesis LLC
- 24.5 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2017 Aestesis.llc
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.