UPDATE: With full iOS 9 and iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus support!
Web Offline lets you record websites and save them to your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad for browsing without an internet connection.
And not just websites... Web Offline can store RSS feeds, podcasts, documents, spreadsheets, PDFs, multimedia files, images... pretty much anything that can be displayed by Mobile Safari.
Any page or file that you click on during recording will be recorded and saved during the caching process.
Or you can set up a web crawler snapshot and let it do all the recording. You can also re-run the caching process to get the most up to date data.
There's no need to create an account or register, we don't collect any personal information either.
- Offline browsing: Store websites and multimedia and browse them without an internet connection or when abroad
- Web crawler: Just type in the URL of a website and how many levels deep you want it to be cached
- Search: Full-text search for all your stored websites
- Address bar history: No need to type the same address twice
- Landscape mode as well as Portrait mode when browsing stored websites or playing multimedia
- External display: Connect an external display to your device and browse on a large screen (4th gen. devices and newer)
- Fullscreen browsing: Browse stored websites in fullscreen
- Multimedia support: mp3, mp4, pdf, doc, xls, ppt, rtf, aiff, wav, m4a, m4b, m4p, mov, qt, m4v, png, jpg, gif, tiff, bmp, ...
- Online browsing: If you forget to store some pages, you can view them using your internet connection as well
- No-image caching: Enable or disable images for faster downloads
- Re-caching: Websites that are updated on a regular basis can be easily updated on your device as well... just re-run the caching process
1) To record a new snapshot, navigate to the website and enable the recording mode. From that moment, every page/file you click on will be recorded.
2) Close the recorder and check your snapshot.
3) Run the caching process to download everything for offline browsing.
4) Browse the snapshot or use the full-text search to find the page you're looking for.
Supported languages: English, Czech
This app is rated 17+ because it allows unfiltered access to the internet.
Do you have any suggestions for improvements? We're interested in your comments (email@example.com).
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- minor bug fix for iOS 9 to enable copy and paste again
We're interested in your comments (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ratings and Reviews
It hangs every time, after a few minutes browsing.
Crashes when you try to view downloaded pages
This app appears to download sites just fine. However, I've tried more than one way to view information once it was downloaded.
The app has crashed every single time.
The present app lists bugfixes as its main improvement; it would be nice to be bugfixed to the point that downloaded content can be viewed without it crashing.
It IS a good app. It does what you need, has two options for saving pages, and allows you to manage them well. Even caching 500 pages doesn't take more than 10 minutes at most, though the prospect of caching something at 3,000 pages (when I'd only need less than a quarter of those pages, but don't want to go through them by hand) discourages me from using the web crawler. However, I believe you can add/erase links before caching, so this may simply be laziness on my part.
I do have some suggestions, though.
we should have the option to only recache the new link, and not the whole thing.
1. If you add a link to a file that's already been cached,
2. Would be nice to have folders for organization, although the search option negates this as being a necessity.
3. More description regarding the crawler option would be helpful. The sliding bar is nice, but text description would be useful clarification.
This app very occasionally glitches, but fixes itself after you pop in and out of it again. I haven't lost a single thing I've saved, though I have lost something I was in the middle of recording. Wasn't a big deal, just did it again. All in all, the best app for the job I've found, and it's reliable. Would recommend.
The developer, Petr Krojzl, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Petr Krojzl
- 6.9 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2016 Crafty Crew
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.