Simple. Reliable. Secure. — WhatsApp from Facebook
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
* Group video and voice calls now support up to 8 participants. All participants need to be on the latest version of WhatsApp.
* Visual improvements for iOS 13 users including updated message action menu.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app. Couple recommendations!!
This app has so far been very useful and reliable for me. I would absolutely love to see a couple features added that I believe wouldn’t be too difficult! If you can add a feature to give the option for speeding up the playback of long voice messages that would be amazing! I am getting this app to replace Voxer, which now has way too many bugs to even reasonably try to use for professional applications anymore. We use these apps to have a group chats active for our studio that we run. So far this app is very solid and working great, but I do really miss the ability to speed up those long messages, as we are using it primarily for voice since the subject matter we discuss in these groups is often too much to type.
Also in a group chat, it would be excellent if there were notifications right in the chat window to let you know who has seen the message and who has not seen the message, like the way Facebook messenger/Voxer does. I know you can access that information but it’s in a sub menu and not something you can just see at a glance.
Just thoughts and recommendations on things that I feel would round the app out and make it a serious workhorse!! Thanks for the great app otherwise!
I have been using WhatsApp for many years now, everything have been working really good and I’ve done a weekly backup since I have WhatsApp. I downloaded WhatsApp business and all the chats were transferred correctly. When I tried to go back to my personal WhatsApp all the chats were erased and it said the last backup had been on August 31 of 2019. I lost all the important information I had. Also, the app said the last iCloud backup was on august 31 of 2019. I tried to do that one and it says cannot be done because I had no storage on my phone. I checked and I had more than half of iCloud storage (I pay for it). I contacted WhatsApp and they told me to call apple that might be an iCloud problem. I called apple and I restored the phone and updated it with the last backup that had been done the last May 11 of 2020. When I open WhatsApp again (which took 2 days to download and I had to delete it and download again) I had already lost all chats and was not even asking me if I wanted to do a backup. I already lost so much important information. I cannot communicate with patients, family and friends, I really need to solve this case urgently.
I report many problem in WhatsApp and all I got the feed back is same reply which is cut and paste from your technical department. I have serious issues and took snapshots and the till now never been solved.
Need to solve the issue all my data pictures and media are gone while they are all stored at my IPhone but they don’t upload and please don’t tell me to check with Apple. I restore many apps and all the data perfectly recorded only WhatsApp has such problem and they don’t know how to fix this issue and they transfer it to Apple.
Another issue the app no more connect to the internet which means have to keep deleting it and restore it and it works for few hours and after that same issue not working. I have cleaned the cash and follow up all the troubleshooting and no hope. I have 2 what’s app one for business and another one personal. The business no problems with it. The personal has the problems so if I have a problem with net work or any other issues both should not work. Is there anyone there can solve this or only sorry and again copy and paste the troubleshooting? This is serious issue as I have important data for more than 4 years and thanks to WhatsApp now can’t restore it properly only some and some are not.
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 131.4 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.