Whisk is a lightweight HTML and PHP editor with a live preview that updates as you type.
*** Whisk’s free download includes 14-day fully functional trial and document viewer mode. An In-App Purchases is available to unlock the full edition, with discounts for previous owners. ***
Whisk’s integrated preview pane displays the web page live as you type. Whisk breaks the tedious cycle of writing HTML, saving the file, then reloading and viewing the page in the browser. Combining the writing phase with the viewing phase clarifies the effects of your changes and speeds up the overall process of making a web page. W3C-based validation will red-underline any mistakes. It uses the same rendering engine found in Safari, so it is not only standards compliant, but also very fast.
Whisk is the app previously known as HyperEdit! For a comprehensive list of what’s new, visit:
Macworld rating (Nov 2004): 4.5 mice
Use Whisk For:
• Crafting HTML to make sure it looks exactly as you want it
• Testing and executing PHP code
• Writing blog posts, forum entries, or rich emails
• Interactively trying out CSS
• And creating whole websites
• Preview pane quickly renders HTML and PHP as typed, using the same engine as Safari
• Watched Files automatically (or manually) determine when files are changed and will reload the web preview (file access permissions required)
• Live HTML W3C-based validation shows errors and highlights problem tags with a red underline
• Preview to other browsers or the Hype Reflect app on iOS
• Web inspector/console/dev tools access
• Customizable syntax highlighting coloring
• Reusable code snippets and color swatches
• Scroll sync keeps can keep the editor and preview at similar spots
• View HTML source code generated by the PHP engine
• Attach Style Sheets for viewing how blog posts/markup will look with external styling
Because We Love the Mac:
• Written in Cocoa exclusively as a macOS app (supports 10.12 through macOS 11 Big Sur)
• Adopts new macOS features and is gorgeous in Light and Dark modes
• It runs natively as a Universal app on Intel and Apple Silicon Macs
Download Whisk now and start your free trial! Documentation is available on Whisk’s website.
- Includes built-in PHP to render previews since it will be removed in a future OS
- Bug fixes
Read the documentation for a detailed list of all changes:
Ratings and Reviews
Looks good at first glance
It is not free, to anyone getting their hopes up. It's 30 bucks after two weeks you get to see if you like it. Had about half a day using it so far, I've been looking at different text editors since my UltraEdit trial ran out and I don't feel like paying the $100 to keep it, this one is my favorite so far. Probably will make a purchase if it continues working like it is and change my rating once I get to settled. So far I'm very happy so thanks to the developers I hope you keep up the good work
Super snappy instantly-updating preview
Great to see this app fully updated for Apple Silicon and Big Sur – running great on my M1 MacBook Air!
Must-have for anyone who needs to edit raw HTML
If your like me and you find yourself editing raw HTML now and then, this is the tool you didn't know you needed.
It just has a lot of really helpful features to streamline your coding. I recommend downloading and trying the Free trial.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tumult Inc.
- 74.7 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2021 Tumult Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 14-day Trial $0.00
- Whisk $29.99
- Whisk $14.99
- Whisk $0.00
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.