"White Recorder" is a professional audio recorder application for iPhone.
(iPhone OS 8 and later required)
Line6 MobileIn line input available (48kHz/24bit).
Fostex AR-4i available.
- Sample Rate: 8 / 11 / 22 / 44.1 / 48 / 96kHz (*1)
- Sample Bit Depth (LPCM): 16-bit / 24-bit / 32-bit(*1)
- Data Format: Linear PCM / Apple Lossless(ALAC) / IMA4 / AAC / iLBC
- Audio File Format: WAVE(.wav) / CAF(.caf) / AIFF(.aif) / AIFF-C(.aifc) / m4a(.m4a)
- Channels: Auto / Mono / Stereo
- External microphone available.
- Locator marking
- Input Gain settable [NEW]
(*1)Recording quality depends on your device, external micrpophone.
(*)Headphone monitoring at recording is not available.
- Send a file to another iPhone / iPod touch device with Bluetooth/WiFi peer-to-peer (P2P) connection.
- Receive a file from another iPhone / iPod touch device with Bluetooth/WiFi peer-to-peer (P2P) connection.
- Send a file to ftp server.
- White Recorder built-in HTTP server. You can access(*3) from your PC to download or upload files.
(*3)Your PC and iPhone need to be in a same local area network domain.
- Convert to new session file with specified sample rate / bit depth / data format / file format.
- Triming with auto fade-in/out.
- Split at specified markers.
- Effect(vocal canceller)
(*)Converted files saved as a new session.
- Groups. You can add one session to several groups. So you can make several playlists.
- File information
- Write protect switch
- Sorting by user / date-newer / date-older / session name.
- AirPlay available, Output Volume [NEW]
- Time stretching play (50% to 200% speed) [NEW]
- Locator marking with a nudge function.
- A-B repeat (between any markers)
- Waveform display, tap-locate available [NEW]
- Drag open-reel to forward, reverse location.
- fixed: app crash under some conditions
- update for recent iOS
Ratings and Reviews
Sounds great, but really needs headphone support!
I decided to buy this one on a whim, after looking at the various field recorders apps. I shoot a lot of DSLR video and needed a way to capture audio that matches the quality of the video I receive. The sound on here is very crisp and clear, and I'm really impressed by the ability to record at 96k PCM, which is really the reason I decided to try this one over the others. However, an what holds it back from five stars, is the inability to monitor your audio through headphones. I know it says in the description that you can't, but one reviewer said that he could, so I decided to take a chance. Unfortunately, out of all the apps I've tried, this is the only one I've found that doesn't work with monitoring audio from the iRig Pre, which is heartbreaking, because that would put this app at the head of the pack! Please, please, please give us that ability!
Love it BUT
Will not work on latest versions of ios and newer phones. If you still have an iPhone 5, you are good to go.
It works well and takes a mic
This ap is great for reviewing back and forth using it for EVPs so far I got one in the 96 htz on one investigation . However it was faint - I hope it is not a sign it does not pick them up good however I am using a 20 buck mic and not a high end one . You can move the reels back n forth Awsum for Evps . My gripe ? It's a pain to get to the side to adjust the MHz samplings you got to massage the record button which can make for a bunch of 2 sec false starts ! So please update with a switch . I have seen better sound quality but it's fine it's a lot easier to use then my H2 as I can't read the menu. Worth the money though pricy as far as APS go .
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Seiji Ieiri
- 3.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2019 Seiji Ieiri
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.