Wall Street Journal recommends it to all professionals. Grab it, manage your life.
* Awards and Laurels *
• Named Best Mobile App OCR by 2010 MOBI Awards
• Winner of the CTIA 2010 E-Tech Award for Mobile Applications - Pro-sumer/Business Productivity
• Secured a spot among the Top 10 apps in the Business category in 194 countries
• Ranked #1 Business app in US App Store
• Ranked #1 Business Card Scanning application in Macworld.com
• The preferred business card management tool of mobile phone developers like HTC, telecommunications companies such as CHT/Taiwan Mobile and CRM developers like JustSystems
• Over 20 million users worldwide
* Testimonials *
• “For scanning business cards onto your iPhone, WorldCard Mobile stands out.” – Macworld
• “I’ve always been skeptical about contact capturing technologies…but I’m an overnight convert - [WorldCard Mobile] changed my outlook (pun intended).” - Bill French, iPhone CTO
• “WorldCard Mobile accurately read and sorted fax and mobile numbers, even when the cards labels used short-hand.” - Bob Tedeschi, New York Times
* App Description *
WorldCard Mobile, the leading business card scanning application for iPhone, uses OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to instantly transfer information from business cards to users' native contacts. With a simple click of the camera, you no longer have to manually input contact info from business cards or email signatures.
Demo Movie: http://worldcard.penpowerinc.com/demo/worldcard-Mobile-iphone_demo.htm
Why WorldCard Mobile?
• Capture business cards anytime & anywhere
• Capture business card images with the iPhone’s camera.
• Recognize business cards in 26 different languages: English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Turkish, Polish, Hungarian, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese, Korean, Finnish, Danish, Greek, Czech, Slovak, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish(Mexico & Spain), Portuguese(Portugal & Brazil), Arabic language. You can switch from one language to another, just like that!
• Sort recognized information by name, position, company, phone number, fax number, address or other fields.
- Manage contacts easily
• View and manage contact info with Card holder function. Make a phone call, send SMS and email to your contacts directly.
• Select partially and recognize the specific area that contains the correct data.
• Provide nearby contacts function help you visit contacts easily.
• Find your contacts on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Expand your social and professional networks.
- Smart functions for your business
• Exchange contact data through Open In, Mail and iTunes File Sharing. Import/export or backup your data on Mac/Windows quickly and conveniently.
• Share or backup your contacts via cloud services (iCloud / Dropbox). Manage your contacts on all devices
• Recognize QR code to get more information easily.
• Copy email signatures and add them to your contact lists.
- Support cover flow function in landscape mode
* Best Reviews *
• Best business app - Great for the networking business professional. (May 15, 2012 by Ellis Tarver)
• Great app! - Works as stated. Very useful for conferences! (May 14, 2012 by AustinFrthngSlsh)
• Great App. I like that I can put the cards in individual groups like the LV Green Chamber of Commerce and BNI. (May 10, 2012 by 21tenlasvegas)
• Editor Review - If you're a frequent business card recipient and you'd like to be mobile-enabled, check out WorldCard Mobile. (Michael Rose from TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog)
Note. The Lite version allows you to save 70 contacts, include 50 recognized contacts and imported 20 contacts. If you need to save more data, please download paid version.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Best of the Bunch
I downloaded the lite (free) versions of Cardmunch, CamCard, Scan Biz Cards, and World Card to test each using several cards I had on my desk that I needed to add to my contacts. Quick summary:
Card Munch - maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. It is totally integrated with LinkedIn (cannot even open the app without signing in) which makes it useless as a business card scanner. I do not want to link to everyone I meet, just get their info into my contacts. Should be zero stars.
Cam Card - did the worst translating the test cards. One of three was correct but still required editing. One required VERY extensive editing. One was totally unusable. Two stars because at least it is not LinkedIn
Scan Biz Cards - pretty good - three stars. Got two of three almost perfect. Last one it struggled with company name and lost the person's name altogether. Inserted gibberish into the address.
World Card - the clear winner. Initially struggled with one of the three cards but flash was off. When flash was turned on, got every one exactly perfect. Easy to export to contacts. Easy to turn off the useless (at least for me) "card holder" that would just add extra needless data on my phone. So four stars for this because since downloading the full version I have had one card it struggled with (the other software was far worse). This is - according to my test - the best of the bunch.
It has a little bit if a learning curve. The first couple of times I tried it, I failed to get any usable data. Then I realized I was not doing what it said to do. I was lining it up properly to take the photo, but then, for some reason, the image came out sideways from the orientation icon on the Export screen. If that happens, you have to touch the 90 degree button until it is oriented properly before you export it. Also, I was trying to capture the photo while holding the phone above the card, which was lying flat on a surface. That caused a shadow. It seems to capture a better image if I hold the card in my hand so that it is facing me. Good lighting is also critical to achieving the high contrast needed to capture a crisp image so that the text is recognizable. Once I did it right, it performed perfectly, and I have a new contact with all of the data from the card, including the photo!
So far so good
I just took a picture of a card in not so great light. And it worked pretty well, I have to say. I also have to mention that the card has both black and white letters, very small, thin, sans serif type (think maybe 2pts smaller than iPhone text type) and it recognized the black letters, but not the white--which I had to manually enter. At any rate, it's taken me longer to write this review than type out the white lettering, so not that big of a deal. I'm keeping it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Penpower Inc.
- 67.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- ©2009-2020 PenPower Technology Ltd.