The Nashville Public Radio App:
The Nashville Public Radio App allows you to listen to any of our four web streams, pause and rewind the live audio, and view our program schedules all at once! You can explore and listen to on-demand content whenever you want, share stories with your friends and wake up to any of our streams with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from Nashville Public Radio even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing.
• Integrated program schedules
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to Nashville Public Radio in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access our past programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• The Nashville Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The Nashville Public Radio App is brought to you by Nashville Public Radio and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, on whatever device you have!
Please support Nashville Public Radio by becoming a member today!
Performance enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Connection Connection Connection
My biggest and only real complaint about the app is the random loss of connection. I’ll be deep into a story, and WALL!! Just stops. About 15% of the time, it re-establishes the connection, but that’s not great performance. I have to navigate to the app and push PLAY again. Why?? Luckily this only happens about once a week. Too much but bearable.
A recent update DID cause me to have to delete and reload the app. I guess it wasn’t thoroughly tested.
But the app is super easy to use, beautifully organized, excellent access to everything thru the GUI. And the content?? WPLN ROCKS!!! There’s no NPR superstation where I live now, so I still listen to WPLN. Still sustaining. Gotta be willing to pay for the good stuff!!
Good but needs better buffering...
This is a handy app but if you pause content that you’re streaming and restart it a couple minutes later it will often start playing from your paused point in the content but after a minute or two glitches back to real time. Also the random station ID ads in the middle of programming is frustrating...Despite the shortcomings the app is still more convenient than listening via the internet or radio but YMMV.
Enjoy listening to 91.1 Classical
I love being able to listen to music on my phone. The only reason I don’t give this app 5 stars is because I would like to see a playlist, in addition to the song currently playing. I do like that the current song info is displayed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.