A simple and modern way to journal wherever you go.
A journal is a great way to remember the events of your life. Keep track of your thoughts, feelings and experiences as you go through your day. Written Down makes it easy to quickly write about what is happening anytime.
Your journals sync quickly, privately and securely across all your iOS devices via iCloud. You can even share journals with family and friends that sync quickly, privately and securely via iCloud.
SECURE AND PRIVATE
Lock your journals and keep them private using a passcode with support for unlock using Touch ID or Face ID.
MAKE IT YOURS
Pick your own journal colors, icons, and backgrounds. Choose different app themes, colors and typography to make Written Down beautifully yours.
Your entries are enriched with details such as time, date, location and weather as you add to your journals. Add tags to categorize and search your entries by topic, feeling, interest, activity, goal, people and more.
• Unlimited entries
• Unlimited journals *
• Unlimited photos
• Sync quickly, privately and securely across devices via iCloud *
• Share & collaborate in private journals with others via iCloud *
• Passcode lock with support for Touch ID or Face ID unlock *
• Entry reminders with notifications
• Import and export formats
• Backup and restore
• Location added to entries
• Weather added to entries *
• Tag entries to categorize and search
• Search and browse entries by text, tag or date
• Choose your own journal colors, icons, and backgrounds
• App themes (including light and dark night themes) *
• Over 15 app typography choices (3 free) *
• iOS Dynamic type size support
• iOS Smart invert support
* Written Down Premium features are activated by purchase of an in-app subscription. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time and you can manage your subscription in your iTunes Account Settings. Written Down Premium is $4.99 USD yearly.
• Unlimited journals
• Sync across devices via iCloud
• Share journals with others via iCloud
• Passcode lock with support for Touch ID or Face ID unlock
• Multiple photos per entry
• Add temperature and weather to entries
• Additional app themes
• Even more app typography choices
- Support for iPhone XS & iPhone XS Max
- Fixed an issue where quick entry shortcut could crash if app was not launched previously
Ratings and Reviews
I have searched and opened several journaling apps and finally found this one! It does everything I want it to do ie automatically sync all my entries to all my iOS devices, easily add photos, and share entries via email. Clean and very innovative to use.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your feedback on Written Down. We're very glad you are happy with the app!
I love it, but...
This is a straightforward, no nonsense journaling app, which is exactly what I was looking for. Easy to learn and easy to use. Except for one problem. I keep losing parts of my journal entries. I think it’s when I navigate out of a page without pressing “Done”. I think the problem is that the “Done” button and the “navigate” button on the upper left side of each journal entry page share the same space, toggling back and forth when the keyboard is visible/hidden. This is a bad design because it’s too easy to navigate away from a page before saving what you typed. This happened to me four times in the last week. I’d love to upgrade to the premium version, but want to use the app longer to see if I can train myself to save a page before navigating out of it. It shouldn’t be so easy to lose an entry. If the app designer reads this, could you find a way to fix this problem?
Developer Response ,
Update: Version 1.0.3 is now available and fixes the issue you described.
It does not matter how you leave the entry screen or close the app, it will always save your work whether you tap Done or not.
I liked this, a lot, but unfortunately.....
While I do use DayOne I’ve found that it just wasn’t working for me as a daily journal and quick entries. I found this while looking for a replacement for the Evernote based app, DayEntry. This is the type of journaling and quick notes that I need but here are some improvements/features I’d like to see added to Written Down
1. The ability to choose to export individual notebooks and individual notes instead of only the option of exporting all entries ever made in every notebook.
2. The ability to choose which notebook to sync to other devices
Update: I had to stop using unfortunately. In addition to the app constantly asking for my iTunes password for some reason (which I wasn’t going to give) I’d write a note, a long note, making sure I hit done when finished only to come back and find all but the first sentence in the note completely gone. Have gone back to Day One for the time being
Developer Response ,
Update: Version 1.0.3 is now available and fixes the issue you described. All work will *always* be saved no matter how you exit, whether tapping Done or not.
So sorry you lost work. There is a bug in v1.0.2 like you describe if you leave the app more than once with an entry edit still open. We have fixed this for the next version so it will always save when you leave the app. In the mean time please make sure you tap Done and ALSO tap back out to the entry list before leaving the app to make sure it saves.
As for your App Store password, we never request it directly or get access to it in Written Down app code. Your password may be requested by Apple occasionally when the App Store verifies your subscription status on app launch. This shouldn't happen often, only when your free trial ends or subscription renews for example. If you don't enter your password when asked, it will likely be requested next time you launch the app until you do.
- tinkerbuilt llc
- 28.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Tinkerbuilt LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Written Down Premium (1 Year) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.