YarnBuddy is a beautiful, easy-to-use project tracker and row counter for knitters and crocheters. It saves your place in each project along with all of your photos and notes, so that when you come back to finish that blanket you started three years ago, you can pick up exactly where you left off. It also helps you keep track of your yarn stash!
• Enter project details such as start date, yarn, gauge, hook/needle sizes, and more.
• Add photos to projects and yarn.
• Import patterns from iCloud Drive, your photo library, your Ravelry Library, or the web.
• Vertical and horizontal highlighter bars help keep your place in the pattern.
• Unlimited, customizable row counters viewable alongside your pattern.
• Linked and repeating row counters.
• Optional sounds and haptics for row counters.
• Unit conversion and yarn substitution tools.
• Quick counter that's not attached to any project.
• Add yarn details such as purchase location, fiber type, weight, etc.
• Dark Mode support.
• Add up to 10 projects in free version.
Available with YarnBuddy Pro (subscription or one-time purchase):
• Unlimited projects.
• Organize your projects with tags.
• Annotate patterns with hand-written notes and highlights.
• Add row notes that appear when you reach a particular row (can also be set to repeat at an interval).
• Add a due date reminder for your project.
• Add notes and rich links to your projects and yarn.
• Change the app's icon and theme.
...and much more to come!
YarnBuddy Pro is an optional subscription that unlocks additional features. If you choose to purchase YarnBuddy Pro, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current price for YarnBuddy Pro is $14.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country.
• New: You can now add, delete, re-order, and configure counters in the Apple Watch app. Swipe up on a counter to find Edit and Delete options. To add a new counter or rearrange existing counters, swipe to the far left (beginning) of your list of counters.
• Fixed: The watch complication shows the correct total row count for the most recently viewed project.
• Accessibility improvements: Better VoiceOver and Dynamic Type support.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome working tool
App seems good, just started using it. I love the multiple counters options, very helpful if doing amigurumi! A couple of suggestions though, I need to be able to edit previous notes, if I want to add of delete from them. Also cannot read numbers when entering yardage and net weights in dark mode - they don’t show up on the ‘saved’ entry screen. It will kick you out completely if you touch outside the ‘adding’ Pop-up screen, and you have the start over when adding your yarns to the stash, so maybe an auto save function? That pickiness aside, this is a very comprehensive tool. Please keep up the good work!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your review! I’m so glad you’re enjoying YarnBuddy. I’ve added the three things you mentioned (the ability to edit notes, the unreadable yarn measurements in dark mode, and making it impossible to accidentally dismiss the “add project/yarn” pop-ups) to my list of things to fix for the next update! :) Best, Becky
Game changer for crocheting/knitting!
I rarely leave app reviews, but this app has been a game changer for me while crocheting. I can see and update my current stitch count (instead of using actual stitch counters, which can be a pain), easily browse and mark my place in the pattern, keep track of my hook size and yarn, and see when I started the project, and I can do that for each of my projects. And all of this is without the upgrade, which is awesome. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is into crocheting or knitting and wants to make their process more efficient and organized!
There are a few of things I would suggest before I can give it 5 stars. The first is probably just a glitch, but I use the counter in conjunction with my file and when I close the file, the counter sometimes goes back to its former count, especially if I’m using a linked counter. Next, I would recommend adding a customizable portion to the supplies list. I am currently working on a project that requires items not in the master list. Finally, and I’m not sure if it is feasible, but I would love to see any notes put on the file on one device transfer to the other devices.
Thanks for making such a versatile app.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rebecca Hansmeyer
- 17.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Becky Hansmeyer
- In-App Purchases
- YarnBuddy Pro Annual $13.99
- YarnBuddy Pro No Expiration $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.