Welcome to better television, from GCI. Yukon TV is a new, innovative streaming platform with no cable boxes, no equipment fees, and no impact on your GCI home internet plan’s data usage. Yukon TV’s customizable packages allow you to fit your programming to your liking and watch your shows through your favorite supported streaming device, phone, or tablet. Plans start at just $14.99 a month and include access to all your favorite local and broadcast networks like ABC, NBC, Fox, MNT, CBS, and more! This service is available to Alaska residents with GCI internet service. Terms and conditions apply, see below for details.
Your Entertainment, Your Way:
• Watch live and on-demand – TV on your schedule.
• No more bulky cable boxes or equipment fees – With your own streaming device, endless equipment charges are a thing of the past.
• Keep your data – Yukon TV doesn’t impact your GCI home internet plan’s data usage. Watch all you want, when you want, and never worry about data usage when you watch at home.
• Connect all your devices – You can connect up to 20, from your TV to your smartphone to your tablet, and simultaneously stream from 10 of them.
• Cloud DVR storage – Select the amount of storage space you want for your recordings (all the way up to unlimited)!
• TV Everywhere access – Access thousands of live and on-demand programs, both in and out of your home.
• Suggested Viewing – Find new favorites based on your taste in programming.
• 10+ profiles per account – Everyone in your household can have personalized access to the programming they enjoy.
• Stream all at once – Simultaneous streaming means no more battles over the remote.
• Go Back feature – Forget to set a recording? With Go Back, you can watch many programs for up to 72 hours after they air.
• Plus, more – Video on demand, parental access controls, and live, local and national programming.
Want Yukon TV but don't have GCI Internet yet? Browse our internet plans at https://www.gci.com/internet then give us a call at 800.800.4800 to get set up today.
View a list of supported devices at https://www.gci.com/support/support-articles/yukon-supported-devices
Bug fixes and feature enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I am considered the tech-savvy one in the family. I figured I should jump over to the streaming version of TV because of the promotion. It’s very tedious to change between channels. Perhaps a fix would be to institute a number pad within the app so we can type in the channel. We are unable to go to the previous channel with ease. If I’m trying to watch between a lower and higher end channel, I have to scroll through the entire spectrum. Several times the channel froze. I have to get out of the app and return and sometimes have to restart the Apple TV to remedy the problem. I repost as I try the other features.
Not Senior Friendly!
Created account for my elderly mother, for whom I manage all things electric or electronic. I know how to use an Apple TV and other streaming devices. This app is not user friendly. I suspect there are prompts on the screen which may be beyond the view due to television size and screen settings 9thought that’s not obvious when using a tablet either.) You can’t just type in channel XX and go to it. You have to swipe through the entire guide to try to get the channel you want. Once you do that, the app may freeze and then you have to go out to a main menu to determine where you are in the app. And then you start all over again, or you wait until it unfreezes and allows you to complete selections. There is no information/manual that explains the steps to access anything. Now, if I can’t figure it out, imagine an elderly consumer...who doesn’t understand the concept of “streaming.” This will just not work for that demographic. What’s next GCI? Guess you’ll be losing a market segment.
A Step Backward from Cable
Very clunky to navigate. Using Apple TV for streaming. Can’ t easily scroll thru channels guide to see whats on; can’t jump to a channel- no number pad-have to scroll till you get to the channel you want.; no last function so you can toggle between a couple stations. So far I’m unhappy I made the switch from cable, even losing a few stations in HD.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GCI Communication Corp
- 78.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © GCI Communication Corp.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.