Mount archives as local drives
ZipMounter is a utility for mounting archive files as local disks on your Mac.
Open and view archive files (zip, rar, 7-zip, gzip, tar, bz2, etc.) in Finder, as if they are removable disks connected to your computer.
• Mount archive files as local disks / volumes
• View the directory structure without unarchiving
• Preview / open files / dirs in the archive like regular files
• Integrates seamlessly with Finder
• Supports zip, rar, 7-zip, gzip, tar, bz2, xz, cab and many other formats
Q: How to mount archive files?
A: You can mount archive files in the following ways:
1. Right click on an archive file in Finder -> Open With -> ZipMounter.
2. Or, click on the ZipMounter menu bar icon -> Mount Archive.
3. Or, drag and drop archive files to the ZipMounter menu bar icon.
Feedbacks are welcome:
• Add the "Hide Menu Icon" menu item
Ratings and Reviews
Disapointing, only provides ⭐️Read Access⭐️
After seeing what appeared to be a slick alternative for the late great Zipster, I grabbed this thinking that the "lite" version only handled one archive and only read access.
Opened full version and all it does is provide read access. Could have had this with macOS FUSE and Archive Mounter.
To ZipMounter's credit, it does open a wide variety of archive file types, including .pkg files which is nice.
Still no write access to Zip files is a real let down. Not sure I really need this without write ablity.
So much promise, yet...
If it worked, it would be the best way to handle archives on Mac. But most of the time the drive just "disconnects" while you're in the middle of using it.
Does not open - installed, but can’t open program
Waste of time and money
Developer Response ,
Hi, please click the ZipMounter icon on the menu bar to mount archives. Thank you!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Coral Wu
- 4.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2018–2023 Langui.net
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.