Zond 265 is the first-to-market tool for visual in-depth analysis of HEVC/H.265 video bitstreams. It's an indispensable solution for developers of HEVC decoding/encoding/transcoding hardware and software. Zond 265 brings along real value boosting R&D and QA processes and reducing validation costs.
It shows in a handy way NAL information, frames types, frames sizes, time stamps, decoding/display order counters, bits distribution between frame elements, coding units data, coding units coefficients, predicted partitions, transform partitions, motion vectors, quantizers, different stages of picture decoding - predicted picture, before deblock filtering, after deblock filtering, and final picture.
• Convenient frame-by-frame navigation based on the frame bars in decoding or the display order
• Frames size histogram and color highlighting of different kinds of frames (I, B, P). Marking of reference frames for the current picture
• Easy-to-use visual presentation of data from all levels of a video stream and decoding stages
○ All headers with content. Headers sizes and offsets within a stream
○ Highlighting of slice and related headers (SPS, PPS, etc.) that belong to a current frame
○ Pixels to be predicted, reconstructed, after deblocking and adaptive loop filtration
○ Coding units (CU): coordinates, dimension, and bit-size. Color highlighting different types of CUs (Inter, Intra)
○ Prediction units (PU). A spatial prediction mode of intra PU luma and chroma components. Inter PU’s motion vectors, reference lists, reference indexes.
○ Transform units (TU): dimension and offset within CU. Luma and chroma coefficients before de-quantization.
○ Overlay a frame with a CU, PU, or TU grid and motion vectors
• Gathering and visual presentation of bits distribution statistics to be used while encoding CU, PU, and TU data (skip_mb_flag, merge_flag, mvd, cbf_luma, etc.)
• Quality estimation. PSNR, MSSIM, VMAF metrics supported. Quality values can be shown as a visual graph or a map of PSNR for a frame coded tree blocks
• HEVC specification quotes for most of syntax elements. Just put a mouse pointer to any element name and get an information scope or open a specification at the necessary place
• HEVC stream validation conformance according to the specification
Input file formats:
• HEVC/H.265 video elementary stream
• MPEG transport stream with HEVC/H.265 video streams
• MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14) files with HEVC/H.265 video streams
• Fragmented MP4 files with HEVC/H.265 video streams
- Opening files via Drag and Drop
- Opening files via Recent file menu
- Opening the HEVC specification file
- Report generation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.