Number Pieces helps students develop a deeper understanding of place value while building their computation skills with multi-digit numbers. Students use the number pieces to represent multi-digit numbers, regroup, add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
• Add and manipulate pieces (ones, tens, and hundreds).
• Change the starting set of pieces to a basic or an advanced set.
• Join pieces in groups of ten or break them apart (e.g., 10 ones into 1 ten and vice versa).
• Use the expanding edge piece like a measuring tape to show the dimensions of arrays created with the pieces.
• Choose from three different colors to clearly identify groups or pieces.
• Move, rotate, and duplicate pieces individually or as a group.
• Use the drawing tools to label representations and show understanding.
• Add equations, expressions, and descriptions with the math text and writing tools.
• Zoom and scroll to work with larger collections of pieces.
• Share your work by saving an image or providing a share code to others.
For more Number Pieces resources and other apps, visit:
To learn about Bridges in Mathematics, an elementary curriculum that employs visual models like number pieces, visit:
This resource is brought to you by The Math Learning Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to K-12 education since 1976.
Number Pieces Basic was made possible by a generous donation from Dr. David Moursund.
This app was crafted by Clarity Innovations. We help improve teaching and learning by creating solutions that match promising technologies with the needs of education.
Visit us: www.clarity-innovations.com
New features in Version 4:
• Share your work by saving an image or url, or providing a sharing code to others. Great for creating the initial setup of an activity, then sharing it with students so they can explore it further.
• Enter text directly from your keyboard with the new writing tool. Add labels, descriptions, or instructional text to your work.
• More easily edit equations and other math text using a traditional text field.
• Switch the pieces in use to a simplified set of colored pieces. This is useful when first working with base ten concepts, putting greater focus on place value, counting, addition, and subtraction.
• Drawings on the workspace stay visible when the drawing palette is closed.
Version 4.0.4 includes a number of small improvements and bug fixes.
Der Entwickler (Clarity Innovations) hat Apple keine Details über seine Datenschutzpraktiken und seinen Umgang mit Daten zur Verfügung gestellt. Weitere Infos findest du in der Datenschutzrichtlinie des Entwicklers.
Keine Details angegeben
Der Entwickler muss bei der Übermittlung seiner nächsten App-Aktualisierung Angaben zum Datenschutz machen.
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.