Designed for musicians, Speedshifter Lite is a demo of Speedshifter, a practice tool that enables you to adjust the speed of any audio track without altering the pitch. It is perfect for musical, slow practice to a recorded accompaniment. Developed by ABRSM (the exam board of the Royal Schools of Music), it can be used with any compatible track in your music library* to help you learn new pieces.
This free lite version has all the functions of Speedshifter, but playback stops and has to be restarted after 60 seconds. It is useful for working on short passages of music, or to evaluate Speedshifter before downloading the full version.
Speedshifter Lite can also be used to:
- listen closely to tricky pieces you’re finding particularly hard to learn by slowing them down
- focus on specific sections using the loop function
- transpose a track up or down in semitones to fit with a preferred key or range
- set a reference tempo (BPM) by tapping in time with a track
- store tapped BPM and loop points automatically (once you’ve registered)
- sync BPM and loop settings seamlessly across devices once you’ve downloaded the free desktop version (www.abrsm.org/speedshifter)
- sound a tuning note – simply shake for an A!
* Important info
- Speedshifter Lite supports playback of MP3, M4A, AIFF and WAV files stored directly on your device in the music library. It cannot play files downloaded or streamed via Apple Music, Spotify, Deezer, etc; or files stored online in iTunes Match.
- Speedshifter Lite allows repeated playback of any track from any starting point for up to 60 seconds. It is a free demo version of Speedshifter. The full version of Speedshifter does not feature this restriction on playback time.
New app icon
Ratings and Reviews
Not working with Apple Music
This doesn’t appear to work with Apple Music songs. It allows you to import the song but simply doesn’t stop loading. If I can get this to work I’d buy the full version.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comment. Please note it is not currently possible to use the app with content downloaded from a streaming service such as Apple Music or Spotify. The file must be stored on your device locally as an MP3 file. We hope this explanation is helpful but please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further assistance.
First glance - GREAT!
I've only just experimented with this app, but it seems great! Download the piece you are playing, use this app to slow it down, play along with it!!! Great for my students as they practise. Thanks ABRSM.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
- 15.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017 The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Speedshifter full version $7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.